Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i lost control the other day and slid against a curb. didn't hit it all that hard. the funny thing is, my belt came off. now i am trying to put it back on, there is too much slack. what could be wrong? just don't understand

rhino:confused:

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Re: new problem, belt will not go back on, too much slack

Stang8U said:
i lost control the other day and slid against a curb. didn't hit it all that hard. the funny thing is, my belt came off. now i am trying to put it back on, there is too much slack. what could be wrong? just don't understand

rhino:confused:
You sure you have the belt routed right? There's a diagram on that sticker thing on the black plastic cover where your hood holding rod is.

Otherwise, you may have bent on your accessories's brackets or something. Perhaps the battery smacked into the power steering pump or something like that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't believe so, everything seems ok, plus the battery is held down. could my tensioner be broken yet still have a lot of spring in it. still has tension. could that bend down? the car was wrecked about two years ago and needed a new front. so there are no stickers. i dunno

:confused: rhino

·
Registered
605 Posts
I am sure you are just routing wrong if it fit okay before. I still have to consult the book/sticker every time I take the thing off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts