·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
679 Posts
Real sweet Bro.

Glad too see ya getting parts instead of just paying for them like SD did!!

Let us know how much power ya got!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
looks good! any more info on those valve covers? who did you go through for the bullit intake package?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Cams covers are the Breed Covers and they set me back $270.

I did not purchase the intake as a kit.
I hunted around and bought piece by piece some off the classifieds, some off eBay and others from a local dealership.
Total price I spent on all of intake parts were around $1100.
But I have been collecting parts for about 1 year.

I am really happy on how it all came out.

I will have a dyno soon.
Then send my JMS out for a reburn.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Looks real good!!! Love those valve covers.

Where were you able to pick up the aluminum tube that goes from the MAF to the throttle body. I ordered one from ATI thinking it would be aluminum, but it ended up being a plastic piece.

How much if you don't mind me asking.......

·
Registered
406 Posts
Looks good. I have the exact same setup (Bullitt intake, Breed covers) except I have the anodized covers. Sweet...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Looks great, im putting a bullitt intake on when i do the headswap. I see in you mods it says PHP intake spacer is that for the bullitt intake or your old PI one?? If its for your bullit intake where did you get it?? Thanks

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nope that was form my old setup.
I have now fixced my sig.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That looks amazing, how much time did it take to tear it down and reassemble?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Loos great! Can you tell me about your battery and hold down? I dont want to put it in the trunk. This looks like the rght idea!
Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
yeah,i've heard that you only get 5 extra horses out of the bullit intake.seems like a lot of worthless work and money just for five hp.1100+ is a good start on a blower.did you consider doing the cams while you had it broke down?that's where my money would have went.big signature though.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Ryan L said:
<cough> 5 HP <cough> ;)
maybe on a stock car. i've known of cars that have gained 20-30 hp that had ported heads, cams, raised compression, longtubes, etc. plus it gives a much broader power band. i've almost got all the important pieces for the intake swap and will have a full right up and dyno numbers in a month or so. i'm hoping for 300-310 rwhp/rwtq but we'll see.

for what it's worth here is what i've spent so far:
new bullitt intake (minus upper inlet)- $400
98 cobra intake tube- $15
PA performance 6g to 4g plug (for alternator)- $37
98 cobra throttle body (with gasket and bolts)- $25

i can get the upper inlet for $200 and i have a used cobra alternator lined up for $80-$100. i should get the whole swap done for $850-900.

silver35th- the cam covers and intake make your engine bay look WAY better....congrats man. :)

marcus

·
Registered
104 Posts
Very Nice!

·
Registered
17 Posts
JMS Chip Corp. ?????

Just to let you know Chris Johnson no longer works at johnson motorsport on a day to day basis, They had my chip for over two months and still messed it up. Whether Chris still works there part time or still has a stake in the business I don't know. I do know he's now working at a place called superchips custom tune they won't sell directly to a customer (so I've been told). You have to contact one of there dealers to have there new prpgram's installed on your car. One final thing the person I dealt with at Johnson motrsport last time was named chris He lied to me reapeatly, I guess the only postive I could tell you is that they never charged me. But alot of time was wasted. I just wanted to get this out there I've had way to much money and time wasted with these so-called bussiness.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts