Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the coilovers and c/c plates in.
I have been running the drag speings for 2 years now and I miss that lowered look! They perform but my car was way high in the front!
So here was the car before.

BEFORE:

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Car rides great no clunks, rubs, or scraping like I have heard about. I was suprised it rode the way it did as low as the front is....I actually may raise it a lil more, haven't played with it much.

Well what do you guys think?

Chris

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Looking good Chris. Who's setup are you using? We're putting a full PA racing setup in my dad's car in the next week or so.

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
D&D Coilovers and plates, not bad for the price!
Thanks man...you guys are gonna love em'

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
What struts are you using? Do you have the drag springs?

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The coilovers were like 130 I think
I'm using Comp Eng 90/10's and yeah the Drag Springs are in the garage chillin, going up for sale

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Sorry Chris, I mean the coil over springs. Are they the 14" drag springs?

·
Registered
434 Posts
hey paul- did you ever get my email?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
eades5.0: What kind of suspension are you running in the rear? How does it handle now? I am running Lakewood 70/30 in the front w/stock springs and am running 3 way competition engineering shocks w/stock springs. I want to run coil overs up front to lower the front a little but I still want it to handle good on the street. Right now it hooks good and handles decent. Not sure what struts to get and what specs to get on the springs either. Looks great.

·
Registered
346 Posts
i love the stance of the rear wheels in the first pic, then the stance of the fron in the second pic. it almost look like it was shifted, why does the rear look taller in the second pic

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are actually the Street/Strip setup.

aaron-I'm still running the Eibach drag springs w/air bag in the rear along with stock shocks. It handles way better than before, and actually tranfers really well for as low as it is. It is no where near as bouncy/bumpy as it was when I had reg. lowering springs. As for hooking we shall see on my next visit, just as long as I can stay in the 1.58-1.61 range I'll be happy.

fox racer- well it's pretty obvious....the front is higher than the rear in the 1st pic because the drag springs are so tall, strictly for weight transfer to the rear. I lowered the front like a ton, and in doing so when the front comes down such a signifigant amount the back is going to go up a lil.

I think the front is a lil low still, and once I hit the sweet spot I think it will offset perfectly with the rear.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
438 Posts
i'll try and post apic of how low mine is now .

·
Registered
438 Posts

here you go .i pulled a 1.8 sixty last time at the track and tracton was terrible that day everyone was spinning .

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Chris, does your car always sit that low in the rear as in the first pic with the drga springs? Do you have the spring isolators on? I like how low it sits and since its a drag setup... I wouldn't mind owning that. Does it bottom out at all?

·
11,167 Posts
eades5.0 said:
1. Awesome paint.
2. Cool 5.4 badge.
3. Nice ride height.
4. Just so that you know I'm not a total suck-up, I'm not sure about painting the callipers to match the body.

Overall a very nice car, very tasteful, and a credit to the mustang fleet.

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL thanks

Paul
The isolaters are on, and the first pic is pretty much how it always sat, the front was way higher than the rear.
And so far no scrubbing even with the 18"s and no bottoming out or anything!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts