Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my car dyno'd again today after installing BBK LT headers and the O/R H-pipe. Here are the before and after #'s:

Before: 288 rwhp / 295 rwtq SAE (12/30/02)
After: 301 rwhp / 304 rwtq SAE (1/8/02)

I'm a little disappointed in the #'s, but I think it's running a little rich now....need to send the chip off for a tune. Other mods are in my sig.

Is this comparable to what others are seeing with similar mods?

·
Registered
474 Posts
If those are your peak numbers, I would say that is pretty good. What exhaust combo were you running before? I bet if you compared the dyno curves you would find that you picked up even more at the lower end.

Brian

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exhaust combo on the before #'s consisted of stock headers, stock cat H-pipe and 3 chamber flowmasters (welded in).

·
Registered
399 Posts
01silver, I had an 01 Cobra and I put on the same headers and h-pipe connected to a Bassani catback. I also had a BBK CAI, Steeda U/D's and a JMS chip. I made 305 rwhp and I can't remember what the torque was so you are right in line with what I had. I also had 4.10 gears and they will pull at least 5 rwhp off the dyno readings.

Something else you might want to check is net gains at lower rpms. I put JBA's on my 03 Cobra and I only picked up 16 rwhp over peak. I was sick until we looked and saw I had net gains close 40 rwhp at lower revs. Then I was smiling. Have the dyno operator do an overlay of both your runs.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
FSU84 said:
Something else you might want to check is net gains at lower rpms. I put JBA's on my 03 Cobra and I only picked up 16 rwhp over peak. I was sick until we looked and saw I had net gains close 40 rwhp at lower revs. Then I was smiling. Have the dyno operator do an overlay of both your runs.

Yeah, what FSU84 said. See if you can get both runs plotted on the same graph(?)

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
If you could plot both graphs and post it on here that would be quite informative for us. See if you can do that.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I think those are excellent gains. It'll definitely improve with a little tweaking.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input.

Unfortunately the place I had the dyno can't measure a/f ratio yet, so I don't know what it's running. They are supposed to be ordering the equipment...but who knows when. Anybody know of any good places around Memphis, TN to get an a/f ratio reading?

Comparing the before and after, there is no noticable gain until after 5000 RPMs. I know a couple of you indicated you thought I'd see some improvements down low as well, but I was always under the empression that LT helped at the top end and in some cases may even hurt you down low....or it could be I'm not seeing the gains because of the a/f ratio??

I bought the car about a month or two ago, and it came with the Diablo Delta Chip, but can't get in touch with the original owner, so I don't know what's on the chip...so no help here either. I'm thinking of getting in touch with onerichrunner to see if he can help out.

I'll work on getting them on the same graph and get them posted for you guys to take a look at soon...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts