Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...putting some long tube BBK headers on a 2000 GT. Anyone ever put them on and then drop motor/trans in same time? If not...does the motor remain in the mounts and then drop them in?? If anyone has this fresh in there minds let me know thanks in advance...

·
Registered
313 Posts
You only have to undo the pass side motor mount.
Then jack the engine from the bottom which will cause the engine to roll toward the drivers side making it possiable to install the pass side header.
Good luck it can be done but is a pain the arse.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I pulled motor and tranny out installed LT's but my motor was already out took about 2 hours to carefully stab it back in though less time than doing it in the car. Most people either drop the k-member or raise the motor a little bit and do the install good luck adn enjoy the new sound and a little power

·
Registered
98 Posts
Take the K-member out. I know this sounds like a lot of work but for the 25 or 30 minutes of work it will save you hours of frustration. I started installing my hooker headers on my 00GT and it was such a relief when I pulled the K-member off and there are the stock manifolds staring at you and every bolt and stud was accessible. Don't forget to have something good to hold your motor though!! Good luck, mine are almost done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Hey, thanks alot for the input...i wasnt expecting that much response but I definately do appreciate it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts