Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is best, long tubes and h-pipe or JBA and Bassani off road x-pipe? Which would have a better sound?

·
Registered
460 Posts
It all depends on what your looking for. Do a search on exhaust there are tons of questions regarding the difference between H and X.

I went with the Bassani X and the BBK longtubes but had to do some custom work to get them to line up and fit. That was just because I had already purchased the X-pipe last year and just did the LT install. I loved the sound of it when the car was running. Should be back on the road soon with new cams and valves and everything though cant wait.

It wasnt too hard to get the Bassani x to fit with the BBK LT just a little modifications. Didnt cut the xpipe or the LT just needed some extension pipe and some angles cut. I didnt get mandrel bent but as soon as I find a shop that will make one

(no cats no one seems to want to work on my car :( for me so I have to do everything.)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Go for the longtubes and the h-pipe. I picked up about 50rwtq on a blown car, well maybe not cause I also had my heads and exhausted ported. But it sounds like a beast. I recently had a custom 3" h-pipe put in. I will get it dyno'd with my next mods soon. I took the Bassani x-pipe and put it on my wife's 2001 cobra. It is much quieter than my car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts