Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Corral Charter Member
11,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in need of a replacement battery; my Optima Red 75/35 720CCA is finally done after 15 years of it being in my Cobra.

I’ve priced the same Optima Red and these things are $199-$230 now, depending on who is selling it.

I’m looking for same CCA, any recommendations for something other than an Optima Red?

·
Registered
279 Posts
My car has a Napa legend premium. In it right now. The one before lasted about 8 years, but the last two it had to be changed a few times. I am pretty hard on batteries. I use it to power the winch on the car trailer. :)

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
I run a standard replacement Interstate battery. I've had zero issues with them ever. And I've also had very good luck with Deka batteries. Made in PA.

·
Premium Member
5,803 Posts
Based on the duration, and success you had with your last Optima Red why not buy another one? You paid all the money last time, what's the issue now. Honestly, lots of people have had success with many other types of vendors but I would stick with what worked for me.

FYI,
I use a Diehard Platinum Group size 34 (it's mounted in the trunk and no longer offered).

Good luck
Michael Plummer

·
Registered
9 Posts
15 years? I’m lucky for anything over 3 years anymore, no matter what I do. I can disconnect the terminals, run a trickle charger, it doesn’t matter. It’s probably no coincidence that all the warranties seem to max out at 3 years as well. I run the Optima yellow top and have gone through 3 of them in the last 10 years.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Based on the duration, and success you had with your last Optima Red why not buy another one? You paid all the money last time, what's the issue now. Honestly, lots of people have had success with many other types of vendors but I would stick with what worked for me.

FYI,
I use a Diehard Platinum Group size 34 (it's mounted in the trunk and no longer offered).

Good luck
Michael Plummer
The consensus online seems to be the Optima are no longer the same quality they once were.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts