Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you guys do to keep the corrosion at bay? i have new cables new battery and those felt red and green washers on the terminals and the corrosion still builds up. :(

thanks

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Put grease on the terminals and inside of the cable where it goes around the terminal.
I`ve used lithium and dielectric grease in the past and probably any grease I could find and never had corrosion issues.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks...i'll try both.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Try using a tiny bit of vaseline. It worked wonders for me and it goes on clear and make them shine that little bit. and if your kinky you can pretend that when your applying the vaseline on the terminal that they are a nice set of .... okay sorry guys that just makes me sound pretty f'd up...ha ha...what us Canadians think of eh? If its not Mustangs and horsepower, its about the next best thing....:)

·
Registered
474 Posts
You can get some stuff at Kragens. It comes in a green can. I believe it says battery terminal cleaner. It sprays red. Every oil change I spray some on the terminals and I have never had any corrosion. Been using the stuff for 2-3 years.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
I use maple syrup on mine. Put the cables on and pour a little bit on the terminals and you're good to go.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
And if none of the above work for you, you may want to go to an AGM (ODYSSEY) or Gel Cell (Optima) type battery.

I'm currently running that later, my next will be the former.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the remedies...

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
if you have some corrosion, make sure you use some baking soda and water to make a paste to clean up the acid. Works wonders on cleaning it up before you apply the grease.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
And if none of the above work for you, you may want to go to an AGM (ODYSSEY) or Gel Cell (Optima) type battery.

I'm currently running that later, my next will be the former.

I got tired of old battery so I ended up putting an Odyssey in, its an awesome Battery!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts