Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys with SN95s, where and how did you mount your cutoff switch?
Also, please give me a quick rundown as to how you ran everything and what gauge cabling you used and how it's worked out for you.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
best way to do it is get 1/0 ga wleding cable and run that from the starter soilniod to the trunk..ground the battery in the trunk with the same 1/0 gauge...

thats all i can thnk of...look up on how to wire the switch so it works..it s lil comlicated and prob easier if you saw pics

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Starter solenoid on an SN95? Where's it at?

·
Registered
842 Posts
run it from the fuse box to the trunk. The fuse box under the hood.

You need to look at 2001gt's he just did his, and it looks pimp

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where would I look, foo?

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
I think Dan (paluka95) had some good information on this as he did his about 3 months ago. Do a search and you will find his thread and I think some people posted some pics/diagrams.

Troy

·
Registered
803 Posts
do a search for buffhomer he has a great page that explains it all and that is how mine is wired... i also made up a bracket for my switch and mounted in the trunk and use a push pull lever that runs inbetween the trunk and bumper.. when im on the street i just take it off and no one is the wiser

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Ron,
you have any pictures of this setup?

ron 95gt said:
do a search for buffhomer he has a great page that explains it all and that is how mine is wired... i also made up a bracket for my switch and mounted in the trunk and use a push pull lever that runs inbetween the trunk and bumper.. when im on the street i just take it off and no one is the wiser

·
Registered
842 Posts
KJ94GT said:
Where would I look, foo?
you get in your truck, and drive over to his house :D

He lives off of parker, and the tollway. I could probably arange a meeting as well :D

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Anyone using a kill switch? If so, where the heck did you mount it?

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
ron 95gt said:
i can get pictures of my setup if someone wants to host them for me.......
Ron, go to www.mustangmods.com and you can get a free account there, you can upload them there and copy/paste the link here.

Troy

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just as a recap, I run the positive terminal of the battery to the kill switch; the other side of the kill switch to the starter AND to the fuse box in the engine bay. Also, with a kill switch, do you have to run power to the alternator from the battery side of the switch so it always has power, or do you have to run it from the fuse box to the alternator so that it is killed once the switch is tripped?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
KJ94GT said:
Just as a recap, I run the positive terminal of the battery to the kill switch; the other side of the kill switch to the starter AND to the fuse box in the engine bay. Also, with a kill switch, do you have to run power to the alternator from the battery side of the switch so it always has power, or do you have to run it from the fuse box to the alternator so that it is killed once the switch is tripped?
You put the battery (+) and alternator charge wire on one side of the switch. EVERYTHING else comes off of the other side. Run a positive cable from the other side of the switch up to the fuse box/starter solenoid/kitchen sink and it'll work like a dandy.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks man. I just need confirmation.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts