Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
its preety easy!it took me about 3hours but thats because im slow.just take your time.i bought the steeda one ,but thier expensive.thier all about the same

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I got mine from Lonestar Performance for $100 with the cables. It's the Taylor kit.

Tim

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Those kits named above do not address the main issue: How do you keep the positive cable "dead" when not starting the engine?

to do it right will take you a lot longer than 3 hours.

use a remote solenoid and put MEGA fuses in the alternator circuit.

This will keep the + cable cold when not starting the car.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
a solenoid kit cost about $20. just get the kit from summit. it contains a solenoid and some wiring and connectors.

Send me a PM with your email address and I will email the wiring diagram back to you.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I built mine myself with angle iron, and thick wire.....its nice.... worked good....and was pretty helpful with traction....
Dave

·
Registered
12 Posts
Serpentnoir, could you send me the diagram too? Thanks.

PM Sent

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I built mine myself with angle iron, and thick wire.....its nice.... worked good....and was pretty helpful with traction....
I hope you used a remote solenoid.

Guys,

Some of you forget to include their email address in the PM. I cannot attach files to a REPLY PM. I have to use an email address.

·
Registered
218 Posts
can i get a copy of that diagram too?

pm sent.....thanks.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Remote solenoid????
Put a solenoid in the trunk between the battery and the starter motor. This way the positive cable is not hot all the time. if the cable gets chaffed or cut somewhere, you will not have a short circuit or worse a fire.....

I call it a remote solenoid (because there is already a solenoid on the starter).

Fuse the alternator circuit with a 100 or 125 amp fuse. you cannot fuse the starter circuit because of the amps at startup.

Note: With the SN95 cars you cannot simply put a solenoid in the tunk. You have to use a relay also. those two parts are very easy to find. i.e. Summit and local auto sound store.

send me a pm with your email address.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts