1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
574 Posts
what's the 180 degree turn pipe in there for?? I am thinking about doing side exit, but definitely not paying for it, just getting some cool tips and have it welded up by my friend who is a pipe fitter, and really good at it. I would also be interested to hear from someone who has side exit pipes, homemade or store bought, as to performance gains(not having to clear the back axle and all)/and if it's too loud to deal with.

·
Registered
100 Posts
A friend of mine has side exhaust. The only thing I can't stand is in traffic or at stoplights with any tailwind, it blows the exhaust back in the car. With the top down or windows open, you gotta keep moving or keep the wind to the front of the car.

He thinks the looks are worth it. Not me. I'd rather be rollin top down all the time and not have to worry about choking on exhaust. And his car runs fine, it's not like it's smokin and needs new rings.

I'd rather drive my slower and more plain looking stang with the top down, and factory exhaust.

But side exhaust does look real nice. Oh yeah, he also scrapes on speedbumps occasionally now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts