Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone who's done this, how much of a PITA is it? Anything I need to know that would make the job easier?

Thanks
t

·
Registered
468 Posts
buy a manual it makes things alot easier....:D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Tony,

One way that you'd be able the job easier would be to just replace the whole control arm. Two control arms, with ball joints & bushings run $180 + shipping from oemfordparts.com Just look up part number M-3075-B. Apparently these 99+ spec control arms are considered an upgrade over your stock 98 parts. I think that the additional $100 in part cost may offset some of the frustration that you may encounter just trying to replace the ball joints.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!!! I appreciate the advice.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I just did mine, and with a ball joint press they were easy as hell..just took my wheels off and unbolted the knuckle from the strut, lower control arm. Suspended all the parts so I didnt have to completely remove them...and press the old joints out. Took me a little less than an hour working conservatively :) Im also interested in the 03 cobra control arm ? as well...

·
Registered
456 Posts
Alex M said:
so are the 99-03 cobra arms all the same?
No. The arms have been revised for the '03/'04 Cobras. Here's MM's description of the M-3075-D:

It is the original equipment part on the 2003-04 Cobra, and has improved inner bushings that are stiffer than in earlier years. It also features low-friction ball joints. These control arms have a revised stamping for greater tire clearance. This allows the installation of larger tires, and also increases the steering angle limit for a reduced turning radius on 1994-98 Mustangs.

Hope this helps.

T-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts