Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
forged piston, the rods and pistons came out of a motor that ran 6.50's unbalanced.

Should I balance my rot assem? or put it in there?

Got people tellin me no, also people tellin me yeah.

575 lift cam, will spin 6500, I am going to drive it on the street some.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Personally, I will always balance any engine I build from now on. It releives stress and allows the engine to spin more freely.

The factory "balances" them, but I was amazed when I got my rotating assembly back, they did a lot of work on the rods and crank. Took off a lot more metal than I was expecting, and now it revs nice and smooth, doesn't act like its laboring.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I would balance it.....bar none.....

·
Registered
227 Posts
i think you will be glad you did i was

·
Registered
115 Posts
canimakeit said:
forged piston, the rods and pistons came out of a motor that ran 6.50's unbalanced.

Should I balance my rot assem? or put it in there?

Got people tellin me no, also people tellin me yeah.

575 lift cam, will spin 6500, I am going to drive it on the street some.
What kind of set up are you running? Reason I ask is because I have a 351 calling my name in my garage and would like to do a quick rebuild (forged pistons only) while i piece together a nice,fully forged stroker. I probably wouldn't have the stroker for at least another year, and by the time i buy some afr's on top of that......

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
twisted wedge 202/160's, 575, 260 dur .050 comp cams custom grind nitrous grind, 4130 pushrods .080, stock 1969 rods polished up, 2456 now flattop forged pistons.. .30 over 356CI, stock crank, victor Jr match ported once I get it *dont have the intake yet.*

its a flat tappet cam, this same setup ran 6.50 on a 150 fogger in a coupe, these rods/pistons/cam came from that engine.

The only differance is he had stock windsor heads ported with stock size valves, I have the TW 202/160's ported out.

Hoping I can get more power then he did.

Chassis has lower SSM control arms, stock uppers, full moser rear.. spool. everything, alum FMS drive shaft, getting a C4 worked out, subframes.. no roll cage. 4:10 FMS gears.

Need to get tubes welded, thats pretty much my whole setup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts