Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Zinc Yellow GT
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working on putting some 13" Baer 6P's on all 4 corners of my 2002 GT. AM told me they would fit without spacers on my stock Bullitt wheels. Is this right or am I going ot need spacers to make these fit?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
9,983 Posts
Here ya go

oem 17x8 bullitt and the 13” 6P front template

Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Hubcap Alloy wheel

No dice. The template hits the spoke quite a bit. I used a 10mm spacer and the template still barely contacted the spoke. A 10mm plus 3mm spacer cleared which is 1/2”.

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Helmet Automotive design

·
Registered
2002 Zinc Yellow GT
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here ya go
View attachment 1085395

No dice. The template hits the spoke quite a bit. I used a 10mm spacer and the template still barely contacted the spoke.

View attachment 1085396

Oem 17x8 bullitt. This is the front 13” 6P caliper template
Damn, thanks for doing that, the car is at another shop right now so I couldn't measure myself. This is a big help. You said 10mm wouldn't fit so how big do you think it would need like 1/2"?

·
Registered
9,983 Posts
Damn, thanks for doing that, the car is at another shop right now so I couldn't measure myself. This is a big help. You said 10mm wouldn't fit so how big do you think it would need like 1/2"?
Yeah, a 10mm plus a 3mm cleared barely. It’s close. That is equal to a 1/2” spacer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2002 Zinc Yellow GT
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got everything back and finished. Everything is installed with the spacer right now but I don't think I needed it. Currently has a 1/2" spacer on it but looks like I'm clearing the caliper by well over an inch.

Tire Bicycle wheel Wheel Bicycle tire Crankset

·
Registered
9,983 Posts
That gives me hope. Only reason I haven’t pulled the trigger is because the calipers won’t clear my wheels with the template.

but just to double check, this is the 6P 13” sn95 spindle kit you’ve installed.

that’s what the template is for, but strange that it hits and needs 1/2” spacer to really clear. I got this template from a baer rep for the above kit, and it’s a no-go on bullitt.

let Us (me) know how the fit is without spacer.

from the looks of this template, I trimmed it correctly. I’m stumped but happy.
Font Rectangle Parallel Pattern Paper

·
Registered
2002 Zinc Yellow GT
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That gives me hope. Only reason I haven’t pulled the trigger is because the calipers won’t clear my wheels with the template.

but just to double check, this is the 6P 13” sn95 spindle kit you’ve installed.

that’s what the template is for, but strange that it hits and needs 1/2” spacer to really clear. I got this template from a baer rep for the above kit, and it’s a no-go on bullitt.

let Us (me) know how the fit is without spacer.

from the looks of this template, I trimmed it correctly. I’m stumped but happy.
View attachment 1086147
This was for the rears, not the fronts. I haven't put the fronts on yet. That's my next project. I would assume the calipers are damn near identical to the rear and the fitment will be the same but I could be wrong. I have read that some of those templates can be scaled wrong and you need to check for scale to make sure that it printed correctly. I'll let you know as things progress on the fronts.

·
Registered
229 Posts
What is the rotor height for the fronts and rears, or are all 4 rotors the same?

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Not exactly on point, but I can tell you that a Bullitt wheel needs at least a 7/16" spacer yo clear the Cadillac Brembo calipers on the front. Those don't seem to stick out further than the 6p Baer - but I have never measured.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
What were the piston sizes of the Cadillac ATS calipers? I'm wondering if those have large enough pistons, and the pads, for my 4500lbs SUV. I like street seals much better than race caliper simple inner seals. My stock calipers are about 1.75" pistons(2), and a Wilwood caliper I've planned to use has huge pads and 5.5sqin of piston area(bigger than stock). I want to start on that project this Winter.

Reactions: Leadsled Coupe

·
Registered
8,345 Posts
Do not EVER trust AM for “will something fit” questions. Especially with wheels. They will lie so you buy the product. Total **** company. I went though this with them.

·
Registered
229 Posts
My stock calipers are about 1.75" pistons(2), and a Wilwood caliper I've planned to use has huge pads and 5.5sqin of piston area(bigger than stock).
So doing some math, I get piston area of the CTS/ATS Brembo and XTS Brembo (same size pistons and pads) at 8.58 sq. in. of piston area (4 pistons at 42mm dia). The pads have a contact area of 15.7 sq. in. per pad.

The XTS has a 4000 lb curb weight, so not so far off from your SUV.

I like street seals much better than race caliper simple inner seals.
I don't think I would call an XTS a race car, nor would I think they would put race car brakes on it.

You want some big brakes for your SUV - Porsche Cayenne - 6 piston in the front (13.8" rotors), 4 piston in the rear (13" rotors).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts