Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well make a long story short, spent the night at my buddies house last night cuz we were going to put a new speedo gear in his 98 Gt cuz his speedo went out a couple days ago b/c he got 3.73's installed and something go messed up.... Anyways, i go out to my car this morning and crank it up. He noticed that i had oil leaking from behind the oil filter or just above it....Im thinkin not good, so he climbs under the car and sure enough, its leaking oil like crazy. Dont even know why or how it started, but i called the Saturn place where i got it from and talked to one of there service guys, told him the problem and he said he would call me right back. I turned off the car since then cuz i have lost about 2 quarts of oil on his driveway. Well the guy from saturn calls back and says for me to bring it in b/c its covered under there warranty. I told him in might be monday till i can get it there but he informs me that if it is the blaock that is leaking, they will place it with a NEW 03 GT motor.......Im starting to like this guy... Anyways i have to wait until monday before i know anything so i will keep you guys posted on the status..

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
would anyone know what would cause my car to just start leaking oil like that??? I ran it hard a couple times last night but didnt have any problems until this morning. Maybe it might just be a loose bolt some where?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Interesting, but I don't think I would want a Saturn dealership putting in my Ford GT motor..

You sure the oil-drain bolt did not fall off or the oil filter?

·
Registered
807 Posts
I wouldnt trust anyone to put a motor in my car and definatly not a saturn dealer........Id have to do it my self
Dave

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NO, im definitly not having saturn put my motor in. the guy there said that i will more than likly be taking it to the local ford dealership and having them put it in for me. We checked the oil filter and it seemed to be in good shape. The oil was coming from behind it or above it, couldnt really tell exactly where from.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts