Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have installed a 76 mm c&l maf, 70mm bbk t/b and spacer and a mallory distributor on my 91 lx coupe. before the dist. it ran good, but seemed a little rich, with the mallory and and at operating temp. it misses and stumbles really bad, barely driveable. one guy told me a c&l maf uses stock electronics and the computer can't read the increased airflow, even though it is calibrated for 19lb injectors. he had a similiar problem. could the mallory be causing a problem like, its timed at 15 degrees. i put the stock maf back on and it still missed/stumbled. can an injected motor vapor lock. thanks for any help. lew94:confused:

·
Registered
27 Posts
did u put the distributor in properly??? Might be off a tooth or two or so. As far as C&L, yea it uses the factory electronics, and relies on flow tubes to tell the electronics the airflow....to tell ya the truth, almost everybody has heard the downside to every MAF system out there. Its all about preference

·
Registered
192 Posts
Why not try putting the stock distributor back in? This should tell you whether or not it's the distributor. Then double check the firing order for the spark plug wires. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts