Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a set of 8 42lb/hr injectors from the classifieds and i tried testing them with a 9v battery and only one of eight would open. The other seven didn't do anything.. I have another set of 42lbers that i did the same test with and all eight clicked open when current was applied. I ohm tested both sets of injectors and they all specd out at 17ohms which is exactly where they are supposed to be. My question is if they ohmed out fine but wont open are they garbage? should also add that on the seven that don't work, when i appied current to the positive and negative pins there was a spark on the battery like something was shorted.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Try cleaning them with injector cleaner. Take them apart and soak them for 48 hours in the cleaner. Then fab a way to fill the injector with the cleaner and add 30# of pressure. Then pulse them. Do this in both directions for each one. I recovered 3 of 5 of mine doing this. Even if they work, I'd still do this cleaning and then reassemble with new seals, spacers and strainers.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try cleaning them with injector cleaner. Take them apart and soak them for 48 hours in the cleaner. Then fab a way to fill the injector with the cleaner and add 30# of pressure. Then pulse them. Do this in both directions for each one. I recovered 3 of 5 of mine doing this. Even if they work, I'd still do this cleaning and then reassemble with new seals, spacers and strainers.
Well they should be at least trying to open shouldn't they? When i tried to open them all they did was spark on the battery which suggests a short internally right?

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
When I tested the 8, 5 didn't do a thing. So I cleaned them as described above and recovered 3 of the 5. For what ever reason 2 remained "clogged".

·
Registered
685 Posts
If they were shorted, you would have an ohms reading of 0. They are prob seized up with gunk and need to be cleaned. My biggest fear about buying used injectors is this exactly!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If they were shorted, you would have an ohms reading of 0. They are prob seized up with gunk and need to be cleaned. My biggest fear about buying used injectors is this exactly!
Yeah thats what i'm thinking the guy bought i bought then from said they worked a month ago.. the one injector that did work sprayed old gas out so i think they are gummed.. any ideas on how to clean them?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts