Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was making the trip from Louisville to Cinci and was just over the bridge when I saw a problem. The gas gage was on E literaly so I had to pull into the ****ty section of town to get gas and I went to the first one I saw becuase I was afraid of running out of gas and footing it through the getto. The gas station was a **** hole on the very corner of the street with one pump and I got five dollars worth. About 7 minutes down the highway, the car all of a sudden the car starts bucking and sputtering. The exhaust sounds like a thumping/putt putt putt and my father said it sounds like water in the gas. Obviously I got water in the gas from that staion or something. @#$^!!!!!!!! So I run the car down to E again and then put about a half of a tank in it. Problem still there. I drive all the way back to louisville for 2 hours and go throught that tank all the way down to E again and put another half of a tank in. Problem is still there. Someone told me this can also screw up my injectors is this true?

·
Registered
788 Posts
GAS

I would get a bottle of Chevron Techron and a tank of good premium gas. If it's gas related that should fix it. If that doesn't fix it, try a new fuel filter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts