Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well lets see back on 09-05-10 i purchased a shortblock from him... here is how it was described in the listing....

10.5:1 347 Shortblock
R302 block 4 bolt main
Eagle 4340 forged crank
H beam rods ARP bolts
Comp solid roller cam
Comp roller lifters
ATI balancer
Moroso 7 quart pan with windage tray
Solid motor mounts
Clevite bearings
Comp timing set

good communication at first.. always answered the phone...
Shipping time was descent.. came packaged well.. took the motor to the machine shop..

now when you buy a motor you expect it to be as described right?? well so did I..

The crank is not a eagle crank, myself or the engine builder isnt sure what brand it is...

when i asked him what pistons it had, because it wasnt listed he said they were Diamond race pistons... we pulled all 8 pistons and they are a no name brand.. called diamond and they said the engrave every piston with a number clearly these werent diamond pistons..

Also one of the cylinder walls had a chip in it right at the deck surface.. clearly visable..... never told me about that...

Another problem is the pistons were sticking out of the deck 37 thousanths .. wich anyone who builds a motor knows thats not a good idea..

as stated above Moroso 7 quart pan with windage tray Took the pan off and there was no windage tray.....

Ok and last and the thing that pisses me off the most ..

The motor came with comp solid lifters.. he said he didnt want to ship them on the motor due to maybe getting damaged and he would ship them seperate... well 3 weeks later a box comes... i open it up and what do i see? four ( 4 ) lifters and no link bars... wtf? he claims he shipped them .. well he shipped parcel post.. ( wtf? ) and no insurance.. so there gone... he agrees to send me another set of SOLID comp lifters out of another motor he had... ok cool... told me he would ship monday... wed came around do you have tracking he wouldent answer PMS phone calls or txt... following monday he says he had cel problems ok... so i get a package in the mail this week... 2 weeks later.. actually shipped priority this time... :rofl: open the box and there are 16 lifters and 8 bars.... but they are hydrolic lifters not solid lifters as promised....

So after trying a few times i get ahold of him... i wanted to ship the motor and everything back and get a refund.. but he says how can we fix it... i said well i need to put parts in this motor i know are good... plus i didnt get a windage tray.. we agreed on a $400 refund.. ok cool he did it.. well.. now about the lifters.. he says i sent you what i had... and wont answer back.. so i pretty much got a pile of parts that were just thrown together, and didnt get what i paid for....

I WOULD USE CAUTION BUYING FROM HIM... I KNOW I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH HIM AGAIN

·
Registered
10,179 Posts
sorry to hear Mike, if i can help at all just send me a text.
Ken

·
Registered
829 Posts
I would never buy a short block off anyone. I know there are people who are good sellers out there and wouldnt do someone wrong. But IMO, I never would take the risk.

·
Registered
375 Posts
sounds like chinese rotating assy!

sounds like a 3.47" stroke crank i'll bet not a 3.4" stroke with a 5.4" rod ! prob. cheap ebay stuff in an r block !

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
His quote from the sale thread http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1251425&highlight=silver88coupe

A horrbila experience when you bought an ASSEMBLED R BLOCK 347 shortblock that was FINE but your engine builder is a picky M'FER and wasnt satisfied and you try blaming me for it HA! yeah some bad experience after I pay $225 shipping AND came down $200 on shortblock price
Next time spend $5k and build one from scratch

.... So really 89GTPA, its your fault for being a lousy buyer with a "picky M'FER" engine builder, shame.

....Then on top he gave you some cash for finding out you didn't get what you pay'd for, and you still have the gaull to be unhappy?

My head is spinning and I have no dog in this race.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts