Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Version 2.0 Build 2013

Happy Holidays everyone!

I just wanted to share with everyone my changes for 2013.

Engine Wise- All New Setup I broke my motor from below, which I figured I would, just figured it would split. But it did a bunch of ####, and not sure what caused it rod cap was in pan in 999 pieces, and looks like valves hit pistons, which is what lead to heads being Port and Polished and rebuilt.

But the new build is my "mule" for testing my new standalone and learning tuning. Below is my new motor. She still will be pretty strong.
  • 342ci Sportsman block (B50)
  • Scat/Probe rotating assembly
  • 12348-SCA-551-F347 - Ford 347 Flat Top -4.0cc Scat-Based Engine Kit
  • Moroso Main girdle (clears stock pan)
  • Melling HV oil pump
  • 28oz SFI balancer
  • F303 camshaft
  • Moroso 7qt pan with driver side 12AN oil drain fitting

I sent my Trick Flow heads out to Greg at XRS, and had them worked over real good, and all new seals, valves, The whole nine yards.

Tuning- I am going to be installing a MS3x and ditching the distributor, and converting to COP. I also want to learn how to tune myself, and my tuner knows MS so if I suck, and need help. I know he is great and can set me straight worse case. I plan on using a lot of feature. Launch control, 2-step, Boost Controller, I am installing Knock sensors. I am going with cam sensor so I can do full sequential injection. I know most will think this is over kill. But I think it would make for a great base when I move into a dart block and really crank her up.

Interior- I want to convert to an airbag steering wheel so bad. Still researching that. I love the look of it compared to my 89 wheel. Also I plan on replacing my gauges cluster with custom stuff. So I can get an accurate RPM gauge, and oil pressure. I have been kicking around an idea, of using the APP they have for androids tablets for the Megasquirt, and replacing my gauges with that. It will have mostly everything I want, and some more. Just not speed. But I have an idea for that.
Suspension- I might leave it alone. I was thinking about doing a TQ Arm and Panard bar, and ditching the upper control arms. But I figured the current suspension is pretty good. Why not push it to its limits before making changes.

Brakes and Steering- I am going to install a 03-04 rack, and use the Maximum Motorsports hybrid shaft. That’s it for steering. Oh my sway bar is hitting my strut I have to figure that out. Brake, they are all stock. So I must address that. I just can’t deicide best way to go. SOOO many options, I want to convert to disk, but then do I do 5 lug same time? Since I should upgrade to 31 spline axles anyway, so it’s like man unless I am ready to really spend money, I mine as well leave it alone.

Oh also going to drop down to 331 gears form y 373's

Version 1.0 Build 2012

Hello Everyone,

I started a new thread because my other one was confusing. Sorry.

My Project has come a long way. I learned a lot about mustangs, and a bought a lot of parts from here. Here is an update on my project. I want to say that Chris from Power Adder Solutions is great! So are their products. So is [email protected]/ Home - Modify My Stang both these companies helped me a TON. That’s rare these days. Below is how the build has gone. All I have left to install thins weekend is my interior. So I have couple more things I need you guys help and opinions with.

Here are PIC's and Video of the build sorry I used my phone to take the pics.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=278b1936074ea26d&resid=278B1936074EA26D!227&parid=278B1936074EA26D!119&authkey=!AInAcy91qwN8miI

1. I didn’t do exhaust yet. What sounds best with turbo? I don’t want crazy loud but don’t want to rob power. I only have down pipe.

2. Tuning. I live in PA near philly who is the best tuner? I hear a lot about Frank from PSI

3. How much HP you guys think this thing will put down?

4. Anythign you guys think i missed during build? Besides my familiy

1989 Mustang GT Convertible

I have a On3 Turbo Kit. It’s a 70mm Single Turbo kit. Running about 6-8 PSI To Start. Here is the link Turbo Kits for Ford Mustangs

Bottom End
Stock Block
forged TRWs
forged I beam rods

Top End
Trick Flow Heads
Ferra 2.02 1.60 valves
Mild Porting done
Trick Flow stage 2 Cam
New Fel-pro head gasket
ARP head studs.
Edelbrock performer Upper and Lower intake manifold. (also Installed using ARP studs I know not a big deal just laying it all out there)

Misc. Stuff
Under drive Pully set
No Smog Pump
No AC

DriveTrain
Was a T5, I swapped to a Fully built AOD with a Lentech Manual Valve Body and 3k stall.
373 gears with Ford Racing traction Loc Diff
Aluminum drive Shaft

Fuel System
60lb Injectors.. Link is here <Siemens Deka 60 LB High Impedance Fuel Injectors EV1 (8)< - <Fuel Injectors<
PMAS- MAF kit setup for the 60lb injectors… Link Here <PMAS -HPX- Slot Style With Steel Mounting Flange< - PMAS Mass Air Meters
340lph Fuel Pump.. Link is here <PAS 340lph High Performance In-Tank Fuel Pump w/ Install Kit< - <Fuel Pump <

Suspension
Full UPR Chromoloy K-member and control arms. With Strange coil over strut conversion. Up front, with Ebiech sway bars.
Upper and lower rear control arms, and Strange coil over conversion with Ebiach rear sway bar upgrade.

Interior.
3 Gugae Pillar- with boost, Trans Temp, and Air/Fuel ratio all digital. Looks great!
Leather seats from 2002 GT convert
B&M Console ratchet shiver.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Nice progress, thanks for sharing. Are you going to do anything to the exterior, touch ups, new paint, etc? Would be cool if you kept the existing paint style and just redo it to get a nice sheen.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Frank at psi tunes my car. Similar set up. Heads aren't ported but I have a t72. Made 450rwhp on 8psi with the 5 speed in it. And 555rwhp at 13psi. Now it's auto with more boost

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice progress, thanks for sharing. Are you going to do anything to the exterior, touch ups, new paint, etc? Would be cool if you kept the existing paint style and just redo it to get a nice sheen.
Yes. I plan on touching up outside. I love the two tone. I will keep it that way. I kept same thing inside. Brand new black carpet with silver/black leather seats out of 2002 vert. I want it to look stockish. Just want to get rid of the luggage rack :) and replace the top. It has couple holes.

Sent from my SGH-i917. using Board Express

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Frank at psi tunes my car. Similar set up. Heads aren't ported but I have a t72. Made 450rwhp on 8psi with the 5 speed in it. And 555rwhp at 13psi. Now it's auto with more boost
Great! Frank is tuning mine on the 18th. He thinks we will be making 550 ish with my setup. I cant wait. He is doing my roll cage and exhaust. And frame connectors.

Sent from my SGH-i917. using Board Express

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys sorry for lack of updates. I had a pig issue. I finished the car and took it Fr quick spin make sure all is well for Frank. Well back part of fuel rail popped off causing a fire. I have since the fixed the car. Replaced all wires and hoses and everything that was burned. I just dropped the car off at Frank at PSI last night. What a nice guy. He might have it done by Friday. He is doing tune, frame connectors and exhaust. He thinks it will make 500hp to wheels..

Sent from my PI86100 using Board Express

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Hey guys sorry for lack of updates. I had a pig issue. I finished the car and took it Fr quick spin make sure all is well for Frank. Well back part of fuel rail popped off causing a fire. I have since the fixed the car. Replaced all wires and hoses and everything that was burned. I just dropped the car off at Frank at PSI last night. What a nice guy. He might have it done by Friday. He is doing tune, frame connectors and exhaust. He thinks it will make 500hp to wheels..

Oh man that sucks.glad you are ok...Keep us posted...Where is he located?

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Almost there

Hey guys, Frank just hit me up and said the car should be on Dyno tonight or tommrow.

Man I am like a little kid has been longest two weeks of my life. I just wish his communication was a little better. But if the results are good, then all will be forgiven. Is this normal with tuner though? They say 1 week turns into more with little commincation?

Updated the PIC's and video. Some video of it after fire. The Pics and video of the car with the upper intake painted a powder coated looking black is the most recent after the fire.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=278B1936074EA26D!227&authkey=!AInAcy91qwN8miI

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Btw you dont still have a 5spd laying around?

Sorry no I don't. I sold it. Just the stock motor and rear.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hope today is the Big day.. Man I wish comminication was better. I wish i could do my own tuning. Atleast building the car myself, I knew what was going on LOL

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I hope today is the Big day.. Man I wish comminication was better. I wish i could do my own tuning. Atleast building the car myself, I knew what was going on LOL
Any news yet?

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
H
Any news yet?
No man.... beginning to become frustrated. He said he had strapped down to dyno ready to go Saturday morning. Then had issue with his SCT software and dongle. They are closed and has to wait until TUESDAY. :-( man feel like a in-patient child lol. Well see how Tuesday goes..

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
H

No man.... beginning to become frustrated. He said he had strapped down to dyno ready to go Saturday morning. Then had issue with his SCT software and dongle. They are closed and has to wait until TUESDAY. :-( man feel like a in-patient child lol. Well see how Tuesday goes..
Good luck keep us posted!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good luck keep us posted!!!!!
The car is still there!!! Ughhh. He is having issues with car :curses: .. Says it falls on its face at 3k. Amazingly it’s making 380hp by then. He said at this rate it should make 500-540 but it’s just stops. He tried new plugs, distributor and new ECU and checked grounds. Still the same issue.

So I gave him fine details on the back ground on the car and how I built it and any issue I had while putting it together, the only thing that stood out besides the fire of course, was when I installed the heads and the new rockers they seemed VERY tight. Well when I called Scorpion to get help, they said if I am using new lifters. Wait until they collapse see if it loosens up, which I did and they did loosen up.

My tuner said that didn’t sound right. HE said I should have adjusted them with shims or tried different length push rods. So yesterday he said he is going to pull valve covers see what he can find out. I haven’t heard anything since then. I tried calling today see what he found and got voicemail. He’s communication is horrible. I hope he is as good as everyone says, because his communication is HORRIBLE. I feel sick to stomach about car and I have no idea what is going on.

What are your guy’s thoughts? Could it be the valve not closing all the way to cause this?

Also are all tuners like this? LOL am I just over reacting. See I run Computer Company that does customer service we are big on communication. So maybe I am expecting too much? :confused:

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
The shop i brought my car was the same way...lol...I think the valves might not be opening all the way...maybe...loosing power on top...

On a side note i was driving my car home today and the pipe that goes from the turbo to the waste gate flew off...I get to fix that today and ever time i drive the car now worry about that flying off...great huh....lol...

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
YESSSSSSS

Yesss....

Its about time!!! :)

The car is done it made a nice 501.3 HP and 526 TQ to the wheels!!

I pick her up tommrow.. I cant wait!!!

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Yesss....

Its about time!!! :)

The car is done it made a nice 501.3 HP and 526 TQ to the wheels!!

I pick her up tommrow.. I cant wait!!!
Nice!!!! How much boost did it make?...whats your air fuel Raito?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts