Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the problem I'm having, I can't seem to give the car any gas with out it backfiring, and cutting out (anything above 1/4 throttle causes it, sometimes less). The problem only exits in low RPMs it seems to disappear somewhere between 2000-2500. It also is when the car is not fully warmed up, or the air outside is cold. Usually on my way to work in the morning, but it is getting more frequent. Also, it is in all gears.

I was leaning towards the Mass Air Meter (Pro-M) because it is acting like it had when it came unplugged(this happened one time on accident). I put my stock meter on today and while the problem seems to have got better it is still there, I think the only reason it seems better is because I tried it in the afternoon and the air is warmer, but it still did it some, so I don't think that is the problem.

Could this be the FP regulator? I am going to try to swap the regulator tomorrow to see, but I wanted to check to see if that is something I should even bother with.

It did it before I installed the MSD too, so I don't think that is it, it's just that it wasn't very frequent before so I didn't worry, but now it's everyday.

The engine light is not on, and has not flashed at all, is it possible to have codes and no light?

The TFI module is a replacement one, I've heard of them acting up when the car is warmed up, but not only when it's cold.

I could really use some Ideas here, it's driving me nuts and I don't want to be making a left turn and have it do it and me get crunched up good or something.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I have a similar prob. Ever find out the cause?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man that was forever ago. :) If I remember correctly cleaning the element in the MAF seemed to do the trick.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts