Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First BIG thanks to Jon McCleske for the use of his ET streets and skinnies (mine are finished.)

Runs worst to best:

Run 60ft 1/8+mph 1/4+mph

1. 1.71 [email protected] [email protected]
2. 1.66 [email protected] [email protected]
3. 1.67 [email protected] [email protected]
4. 1.66 [email protected] [email protected]

:joy: 1.635 [email protected] [email protected] :joy:

I am REALLY in shock. I just wanted this motor to hit 11.9x before I finished my new one. Sure goes to show what a difference a new set of slicks can make. (and a bit of tailwind :evil: )

Still running the stock airbox w/ K&N, A/C, P/S, smog pump, PW/PDL, complete interior-ie a daily driven street car!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Very nice! There's much more et left with that 115mph number too, looks like it's making good power.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think at least 1mph was due to the tailwind straight down the track. Mid to high 113's are the norm. Still- If I get seriuos about the suspension and get the 60ft'd down in the 1.5's, there is definitely more there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Skinnies are said to be good for around .8mph....so I think the tailwind was good for about .5mph.

Great job Jim!
(& I'm NOT going after your new record. I'd like you to hold it for a while....you've been after it a LOT longer then I have & you deserve it!)

*this is Shaun BTW*

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn.
I thought Heather was talking sweet to me...

Thanks! All the 91Pony needs is some suspension tuning. Then you guys would be right there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Eh...I proved my point.
I think it's time to let Heather enjoy her car.

·
Registered
432 Posts
WOW !!!!

91PONY said:
I'm NOT going after your new record. I'd like you to hold it for a while....you've been after it a LOT longer then I have & you deserve it!)

*this is Shaun BTW*
So you're implying that your (Heather's) car, can put down an 11.89 at any given time??? You actually think that Jim needs you to allow him to keep the record?? You were there on the same day he was, where is your 11.90 timeslip? Hell, where is your 11 second timeslip with you driving??? That's right you don't have one. It is a lot harder to cut tenths of a second off of an 11 second car than you think

*coughcoughidiotcough*

Brian

·
Registered
432 Posts
double post

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Faster Damnit awsome again now you have backed it up so enough said.

91 pony alias 93cobra I have now seen you state you have proved your point now on 2 different websights? what is the point you were trying to prove anyhow? If you want to prove something there is a 11.6 out of a stock headed,cammed ,intaked car on the board that weight over 3200 lbs now that is proving something. Putting a aluminum headed stock blocked 5.0 in the 11's awsome I will give you that but it is far from unheard of around here. Heck how many of you guy's at Sac have already done it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Brian,
I'd be heated too if a 126K mile stock shortblock w/edelbrock heads & shorty headers out-ran my 331/AFR185/Custom cam combo. So I won't hold what you said agianst you. ;)

For the record I put down a 12.07 @114.6mph with a 1.71 60ft. With skinnies & a low 1.6 60ft what do you think that run would have been? An 11.9x most likely.

2-stangs:
You were not there for all the CaFords AFR vs TFW & OTS vs Custom Cam debates & all the other things that went along with it. What I proved was that CAM timing/ramprates play a MUCH larger role then most on CaFords care to acknowledge. All these TFS & Anderson camed motors with ported heads & gutted cars.....what they LACK is a good cam! No way! They said. Their cams were just fine for their combos & if I could do something better I should step up to the plate! Well, I did.

The 4 cars (in this 'class') that have gone 11's have all had ported 2.02 valve heads that flow substantially better then Edelbrock performers. Hmm...how to phrase this so as not to piss off a bunch of people.....

Project 11's (91PONY's car) has the lowest flowing heads of the 4 cars. It is the heaviest of the 4 cars by at least 100lbs. It has gone 11's with the worst 60ft of the 4 cars. It is the only car with shorty headers, hell it doesn't even have an aluminum drive shaft. The ONE thing that sets this car apart from the others is the cam. I compensated for the shortcomings of this combination with a good Cam.

& there is my point. Imagine what could be done with the other 3 setups & a cam like Heather's (or better). If I would have gone with a custom on this project I know I could have made even more power.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Dark93 said:
Brian,
I'd be heated too if a 126K mile stock shortblock w/edelbrock heads & shorty headers out-ran my 331/AFR185/Custom cam combo. So I won't hold what you said agianst you. ;)

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
yeh but it is the slowest of all 4 that did it? and you still need to back it up. Beside just think how fast the others would have gone with Drew driving.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Just think how fast this car would have gone with ported 2.02 valve heads, longtubes, skinnies, & 200lbs taken out!

I built the motor to go 11's with DREW in the driver's seat. I didn't think I'd be able to do it....but it looks like I can. Drew didn't pull off a stellar 60ft, he didn't get more MPH then I, he doesn't poweshift like others had to do to get their 11....He's not lighter then me....what he can do is nail the 1-2 & 2-3 shifts faster then the average driver.

It may be the slowest ET wise, but it makes the most power of the 4.
Based on raceweight & MPH (not Drew's MPH) here's what the corral HP calculator says these cars are making. (not that it's an accurate #, but it's a fairly accurate comparison between the 4)
91PONY 3250-3300lbs & 114.6mph = 390-396hp
Fasterdamnit 3150-3200lbs & 115.3mph = 385-391hp
Shadetree 2950-3000lbs & 114.5mph = 353-359hp
Jmclesk 3050-3100lbs & 115.1mph = 371-377hp

BTW, where does your H/C/I N/A combo fit in all this???

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't powershift. :p

If I did, knock off a bit more from that 11.90. :evil:

For now, the T5 of unknown mileage has to last.

·
Registered
391 Posts
We can tell you don't powershift Jim! ;) ....well, maybe the 3-4. :D
I'm pretty good with the 3-4 shift as well. (that's where I catch up to Drew!)

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Smart ass! After wiping out the synchro's in my T5Z powershifting, I am in hiatus. At least until I can afford that dog-ring kit...

·
Registered
391 Posts
You don't need to powershift. (although it certainly would help!)
From what I can figure, your setup can go low 11.70's, mcleske's could have gone mid 11.70's, & the other 2 cars 11.80's. All driven the way they were with the MPH above.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
MY H/C/I doesn't fit into this. I live to far away from probably the fastest track on the western half of the USA to be able to even worry about it. I am lucky to get down there 1 or 2 times a year then If I have problems it is a waisted day. I honestly don't have anything to prove or have tried to prove in my 91. Heck I only ran 1 time N/A after I convereted to a 5 speed on nittos. I just find it a little funny how you were willing to let FasterDamnit keep his title and it didn't apear he was trying to beat you just get into the 11's.
I think you should run as fast as you can, you driving and see if you can match him before you claim you could beat him that is all.
Don't do the math and claim a Victory Run the Number!!!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts