Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1986 Mustang 5.0 5 speed coupe
1,398 Posts
Who wants to see if a 167k Aod will hold up to an H/C/I lol
Lol...if it holds that,hit it with a 150 shot! On a serious note....had a buddy in 1999 put a 150 hit on his 155k 88 GT AOD with exhaust and 3.73's. On 26×8.5 slicks in 95 degree heat it ripped off 12.60'[email protected] spaying it out the hole! AOD was bone stock.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
👍 Looks just like mine "92 2nd owner bought from bro in 97". Actually went with him to dealership for purchase. Dont know about the AOD, but tha motor PROLLY has many a mile left in it.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
👍 Looks just like mine "92 2nd owner bought from bro in 97". Actually went with him to dealership for purchase. Dont know about the AOD, but tha motor PROLLY has many a mile left in it.
Seems decent once I fixed the timing. It only had 2* initial and was a pig. She's a smoker though when getting on it... most likely valve guides

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Seems decent once I fixed the timing. It only had 2* initial and was a pig. She's a smoker though when getting on it... most likely valve guides
Blue smoke on acceleration is rings not having enough tension. Smoke on deceleration when you just lift your foot off the gas pedal at a decent RPM is valve guide seals.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Valve guides/seals when you get tha blue puff when you cold crank also.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fellers...

New episode soon with all the repairs. Next one after will be a budget exhaust. Car has unknown x-pipe now and I also have an H-pipe.

X-pipe and straight thru mufflers? Or h-pipe and flowmasters for the memories?

·
Registered
1990 Ford Mustang LX 351M powered!! Project Cherry Bomb!!
473 Posts
H pipe and drone masters for that classic sound!!! And yes wild strawberry was one of the best colors ever on a mustang! Notice I didn't say on a Foxbody......

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Fellers...

New episode soon with all the repairs. Next one after will be a budget exhaust. Car has unknown x-pipe now and I also have an H-pipe.

X-pipe and straight thru mufflers? Or h-pipe and flowmasters for the memories?
In the 90's it was MANDATORY to get a off road Hpipe and 2 chamber's! I still have the same 2 chamber Flowmasters I installed in 1990 on my 86 coupe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts