B50 Sportsman Block .030 Over
J&E 22cc Dished Pistons
H Beam Rods (pretty sure they are Scat)
Scat Crank
DSS 5.0 Stroker Aluminum Main Support System w/ ARP Studs
DSS Pro Windage Trey
Romac Aluminum SFI Balancer
Canton Oil Pan

Issues are.....one piston is torched pretty good, one has some ping marks on top, and one has a small spot in it right where the valve relief curves. The worst one needs replacement for sure, the other two are runnable I think, but Im no machinist. The lifter bore areas on top in the valley have some ping marks from where some of the lifters came apart.

I bought the car with the shortblock in it, with a Vortech YSI on it, but car was running rough due to a cracked corner of the intake manifold, it also ended up having some lifter issues, and the torched piston was a surprise. The car had good oil pressure, didnt knock, it wasnt even smoking (at part throttle anyway, never did go wide open), so I was actually surprised when I pulled it apart and found the bad piston.

The bores look like they could use a hone from how rich it was running, worst case you could buy a set of pistons, bore it .040 (although it may not need that), put some new bearings in it while it's apart and get it going for relatively cheap if you are a do it yourselfer type.

$1500 for shortblock, pan, balancer, it also has a fox timing cover on it, it has a blower cam of some sort in it also.

Might consider parting the motor later. Located in NW Florida.

1989 Mustang GT, 331, Vortech YSI Blower Whine Idle - YouTube
You have any pictures of the damage?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts