Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone here had used one, and what they thought about it. Things like that. Thanks in advance.

-Billy

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Has no one ever used this shifter?

-Billy

·
Registered
650 Posts
I have one, and I like it. I had a 5 speed, so i had to modify the shifter to fit the trans tunnel opening.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
COOL, my first reply on this. lol

Thanks man, do you have any pics of it in your car? What did you do about O/D? How long have you had the shifter? Do you manually shift it all of the time? Thanks man. Take it easy.

-Billy

·
Registered
650 Posts
I have a lentech, and its a manual valve body, so i have to shift it all the time, which is fun. I replaced the button that comes in the shifter with a switch so the OD will work for me. Its either on or off. The one that comes on the hammer shifter will work with mustangs that have automatics already. Go to my site, its in there. It looks like a stick, I just went to emissions and the guy hopped in and was all messed up. Good anti theft device.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey man, thanks for the reply. I did look at your site and was wondering if there was anyway you could take a close up pic of it? I am getting a ful manual PA Super Comp Tranny the end of this month and would like something better than the stock shifter. Car looks great also. I wish I could afford a power adder. Thanks man.

-Billy

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man.

-Billy

·
Registered
650 Posts
Here ya go! By the way, is yours currently auto or stick?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey man, thanks a lot for the pic. That helps a lot. My car is currently an auto. I just wanted to see how the shifter looked in the console. Acouple of questions, where are the letters that show what gear you are in? And is the button on the pass. side of the shifter the O/D button? Great pic though, thanks. Take it easy.

-Billy

·
Registered
650 Posts
The letters that tell what gear your in are on the left side, but my bulb that lights up got messed up, i think the wire got cut and i just never replaced it. The button is on the pass side of that shifter, but i replaced it with a toggle switch. The one that comes in it is a red button, and it should work just fine in yours, so you shouldnt have to change it. Also, that handle I have isnt the one it comes with. The one it comes with is angled/contoured for your hand, its not bad but i needed the button for my transbrake/two-step.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks a lot man. I think I am going to get the shifter when I get the tranny. Do you think it is annoying for normal street driving? Just wondering. Thanks man. Take it easy.

-Billy

·
Registered
650 Posts
I hate automatics, at least the non-manual valvebodies. If I were to plop it in drive and go, i'd be bored. I have to ratchet it all the way down to first, then go to 2nd, then 3rd, then click that switch into OD. Its actually kinda fun. If you only have to go to drive, its ok, but if your used to just sliding it to drive anyways, you wont mind. The only thing on mine that sucks is if i have to do a 3 point turn or something. Cause I dont just go to drive, drive on mine is 3rd gear, i have to go all the way down to 1st. That can be annoying.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know what you mean. I hate my auto too. I always shift my car when I am just going down the road, I like to be in control. I was just wondering if the rachet action got annoying. I guess I would get over it. Thanks for your info man. Take it easy.

-Billy

·
Registered
31 Posts
Only thing I can tell you is that the T handle is AWESOME, I love the feel of it. I have a 5-speed, with a B&M Ripper shifter and the hammerhead T-handle. B&M says the handle won't fit the T-5 Ripper, but it fit just fine for me. I LOVE IT!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey hillie16, thanks for the reply and the pic. I think I will like the handle too. I think it would fit me very well. Thanks.

-Billy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts