Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally getting my new 331 together and I was wondering where I should degree my b303 at. I have a some 1.7's and I plan on shifting it in the mid 6's ( I have a pms). I may not be the best cam for the job, but it's what I got. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
No I'm just one of the six people who actually liked the movie Joe Dirt.

4 deg's will help motor spin higher but you better have the gearing for it or it'll be a dog down low! I ran it straight up with 3.73's and it took until 3000 for it to really start pulling.

·
Registered
911 Posts
joe dirte, so you had the rpms kick in at about 3k but wanted to move that starting range up further? so you were looking for all top end power right? im asking cause i have some heads & bcam that are going in my stang & i was curous of this too. i have 3:73's but dont want to loose all my low end either. is your set up for the track only or do you run on the street as well? what was your bottom end like below 3k?
thanx.........

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Whoa xlr8gt, your speech to my man here is all wrong, its the wrong tone, do it again and I will stab you in the face with a soldering iron...
:lol: didnt think anyone caught on

I wanted cam straight up because the car sees more street than strip. Power was still there (more than stock that is) down low but around 3000 it really kicked in! I originally had 3.08 in car when I put in cam and it was a DOG!
Per dyno it made 250 rwtq at 2500 and peaked at 302 @ 4000 with ported e7's, stayed above 250 rwtq until I shut it down. I'm sure there are better cams out there but I was very happy with the B while I had it. For the strip though retarding will give you more rpms

1 - 7 of 7 Posts