Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Bosch O2 sensor at Autozone a few months ago with the 16" wire for my longtubes that I'm going to install. I need to get one for the other side and now they don't seem to have them. Does anyone know if they've been discontinued? Does anyone have a part number?

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
DO you have either the reciept or origional Bosche Box the O2 sensor came in? The part number will be listed on either & you can get it cross-referenced through other parts stores. If not, go back to Autozone & ask to see thier Bosche O2 sensor manual & look up you're vehicle application. It should list the O.E. O2's & the other "alternate" part numbers. In the back of the manual, there will be a specifications chart on each part number. One of them will be the "16" you are looking for & now you have the part number needed. I can't believe that the specific Bosche O2 sensor is no longer available through special ordering it through Autozone or a similar type parts store......

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
dude, go to autozone and have them look up your warranty onthat part by your phone number- their computer will be able to pull up that part number (i know this because I work there as a part time job)

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Lxpony said:
dude, go to autozone and have them look up your warranty onthat part by your phone number- their computer will be able to pull up that part number (i know this because I work there as a part time job)
Good point....i've never replaced my O2 sensors & thought there was no warranty. My advice would come in handy if say the warranty was only for 3months & it's been longer than that time, right?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They tried to look it up with my phone number and they said it didn't come up for some reason. Anyway, I think I just threw the box away a few weeks ago :mad: but the sensor isn't in the car so I'll probably just take it in and see if they can use the numbers on it.

·
Super Moderator
4,771 Posts
Bosch 13953

Description: Check/Replace Interval 60K Miles; OE Type w/Connector; 3 Wire; Heated; 2 Req.; Alternate Sensor; 16 1/2" Wiring Harness; Tie Excess Wire
$39.74 each from Advance Auto/Discount Auto, Schucks, Kragen, etc.

Just walk into the store and ask for the part number. If the counter guy asks you what car is it for then just ask for someone else to help you.

·
Registered
984 Posts
For some stupid reason many parts stores here carry 1 ea of the short wire harness and 1ea. of the long wire harness. I bet if you go to a differant store you will find another one with the long wire. I hope this is not the case nation wide. I was lazy I got 1 with the long wire and 1 with the short wire on my 91.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts