Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hello,

very nice and clean work with the 66 gauge pods. The white instrument faces are looking good.:)
I had a little work to fit my autometer (5 and 2 5/8 inch) in my new 67 deluxe cluster. I used the gauge support from mustangs unlimited.
I practise with an old cluster. I trim it with a soldering iron.
Also i must remove the rings which hold the glases .:crying:
The wiring was a pain. But now the work is finish. New deluxe dash, pillar pods and ultra lite autometer with a electronic speedometer.

Gauges needed:
speedometer 5 inch, ATM-4489-M (metric for germany)
tach 5 inch, ATM-4498
oil press 2 5/8 inch, ATM-4427
oil temp 2 5/8 inch, ATM-4447
water temp 2 5/8 inch, ATM-4437
fuel 2 1/16 inch, ATM-4315 (for pillar pod)
volt 2 1/16 inch, ATM-4391 (for pillar pod)
electronic speedometer adapter, ATM-5292 (for my tremec TKO)

Here is a little picture story.......:worthless

gauge cluster

Markus

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hello,

i thought about the JME cluster but the price:eek:
The components i used cost about $600.- (with a electronic speedometer). And i must custom fit the wiring for my EFI injected engine. So a JME was in any case useless.
The warranty for the gauges is in any case lost :rofl:

@frdnut
The most trimming was in fact of the bulky 2 5/8 instruments. I think the 2 1/16 will fit better but do they looks so good?:confused:

Markus

·
Registered
203 Posts
id be willing to bet when you price out the guages, wiring, and the billet aluminum bezel plus your time it is not much more expensive in fact probably cheaper :) Plus you still get the gauges warranty!

Im not sure how the JME gauge cluster is worthless because you are running EFI, plenty of JME clusters have gone in cars with EFI conversions
Hello,

the warranty for the jme or my single bought instruments is in any case useless for me in germany.:barf:
If i will have a defect i must buy a new piece. The shipping, tax and insurance drama is not simple. I must then pay the shipping and so on.:curses:
Furthermore i built myself the custom look gauge holder and wiring harness. :)

@JamesW-efi
the white gauge faces are looking awesome:)

Markus

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.