Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hello,

i thought about the JME cluster but the price:eek:
The components i used cost about $600.- (with a electronic speedometer). And i must custom fit the wiring for my EFI injected engine. So a JME was in any case useless.
The warranty for the gauges is in any case lost :rofl:

@frdnut
The most trimming was in fact of the bulky 2 5/8 instruments. I think the 2 1/16 will fit better but do they looks so good?:confused:

Markus
id be willing to bet when you price out the guages, wiring, and the billet aluminum bezel plus your time it is not much more expensive in fact probably cheaper :) Plus you still get the gauges warranty!

Im not sure how the JME gauge cluster is worthless because you are running EFI, plenty of JME clusters have gone in cars with EFI conversions

·
Registered
371 Posts
The JMEs are beautiful but a little pricey at $1100 bucks..Especially when you can buy the gauges for half that much.....Markus why did you have to do all the trimming?..I assume its because you used the 2 5/8ths instead of the 2 1/16ths?
the 65/66's clusters start at $950. The 67/68's are a bit more expensive as they require quite a bit of machining of the rear of the bezel in order to fit the gauges in a correct, straight manner. I dont understand your point about buying the gauges at half the cost, thats where a big chunk of the $1100 comes from in the first place. The wiring and rear machining take a good amount of time and the way copper prices are going nowadays that also drives up the cost.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.