Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a letter from Summit Racing that the electric Autometer Fuel pressure gauge (not full sweep) is being recalled for fuel leaks at the sender? Did anyone else get this? They want you to return the sender AND the guage for replacement. I don't see why you'd need to resend the gauge... I really don't feel like ripping my dash apart.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i got didnt get a letter or anything. i just found out about it from a previous post on the corral. it sucks i had to rip it out and stuff, but i guess its better than my car blowing up!!!!! autometer told me it is going to be a 3-5 week turn around:(

·
Registered
906 Posts
Sucks man....I had to rip my fp gauge out too. You have to send everything back.

I sent mine in last tuesday. At that point, they gave me a confirmation number and said a 7-10 day turnaround.

No gauge yet! Tomorrow is day 10. If it is not here, they are getting a friendly call.

·
Registered
77 Posts
yea when i first called them they told me 7-10 day turn around. here it is 2 weeks and no guage, so i sent an email to them and they now told me 3-5 weeks. i hope it gets here soon because my car looks silly with a bunch of wires just hanging there.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I had that guage on my car over a year and a half ago when I put my blower on. After about a month, fuel was squirting out of the side of the sending unit cylinder. It got so bad that it was leavnig puddles of gas in the valve cover holes where the spark plug wire holders snap into.

Needless to say I ripped it off and GOT ripped goin up the street to a shop for the electric full sweep electric guage.

Now that I got the letter, I dont need a replacement. The guage has been sittin in my parts pile for like a year. Maybe if a refund was offered instead.. or maybe Ill send for the relpacement and stick it on eBay or somethin? :barf:

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Where's the list of affected guages? I've looked all over the autometer website but can't find a list. Imagine that.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Custom2kGt said:
Where's the list of affected guages? I've looked all over the autometer website but can't find a list. Imagine that.
I'd like this list too...i have an autometer guage with the isolater...cost like 200...this the one being affected?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The list of affected gauges that I got from Summit are:

ATM-2659
ATM-3309
ATM-3509
ATM-4309
ATM-4409
ATM-5709

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
PerfRed00GT said:
The list of affected gauges that I got from Summit are:

ATM-2659
ATM-3309
ATM-3509
ATM-4309
ATM-4409
ATM-5709
Yeah I have tehe ATM-5712, external F/P guage. No recall!
:joy:

·
Registered
906 Posts
its ROUSH...no biggie, just sounds like DOUCHE when you don't spell it right.

I don't know where else to find the number besides on the original box itself. That's where I found mine.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Sorry98Roush...I should get it right. I believe I have one of the recalled units. However, I'm not much interested in being without a FP guage. I guess I'll have to just buy a new one, and see if i can get a store credit for the one i return.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ralph Greene said:
Sorry98Roush...I should get it right. I believe I have one of the recalled units. However, I'm not much interested in being without a FP guage. I guess I'll have to just buy a new one, and see if i can get a store credit for the one i return.
I agree. Maybe now it's time to upgrade to the full sweep unit. Anyone know a good place to get it?

·
Registered
482 Posts
PerfRed00GT said:

I agree. Maybe now it's time to upgrade to the full sweep unit. Anyone know a good place to get it?
I do know this, a local guy wasn't interested in being w/o the gauge for weeks either so he called up Summit(where he bought it from.) They gave him a full sweep version for the difference in price. They also sent a pickup label so that he can ship his recalled gauge back to them. Some of you guys may want to try and do that. I think that's what I'll do when I get the money.

Mike

·
Registered
906 Posts
ummm....but autometer is sending the full sweep as a replacement for no additional charge. I paid 70 bucks for my gauge and I'm getting a $190 gauge in return. Don't know about you, but that is worth a couple weeks wait.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
I just discovered that my full sweep guage with model 2246 sender is not being recalled. I know that was said above, but I just wanted to check it out. It's the partial sweep models being recalled.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts