Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2 1/16" auto meter sport comp boost gauage and a pillar single pod come in tomoroww. A few quick questions ...

1) Routing hose from gauge through firewall any good spots?

2) Does guage come with t fittings and clamps? will I need to buy any from an auto parts store? tubing?

3) will i need something to seal connections?

thanks ...

·
Registered
109 Posts
The autometer gage will come complete with about everything that you will need. You will have to drill holes into your pillar trim. Since I had the front sheet metal off the car when I installed my boost gage I drilled a small hole in the drivers side firewall in the fenderwell and tapped into an emissions vac line. Real easy. You will need to find power for the lights at the fuse box...most difficult part!

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
shouldn't have to do anything...

There should be a rubber grommet that you poke a hole through (driver's side above brake pedal)....

The only thing you might have to do is to tap into your powerdyne...but for some reason I believe it comes predrilled for a boost gauge connection (I have a Kenne Bell and it had such a place).

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i am going to tap into the vacuum line with a t fitting ... why does my sport comp gauage have two wires running out the rear top? The guage is mechanical, and I don't beleive it lights up? any ideas?

·
Registered
658 Posts
mcster said:
i am going to tap into the vacuum line with a t fitting ... why does my sport comp gauage have two wires running out the rear top? The guage is mechanical, and I don't beleive it lights up? any ideas?

the two wires that come out of the back of most mechanical autometer gauges are for the light source and a ground wire. one white and one black.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.