Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( I have a 96 GT with a automatic. How hard is it to change over to a 5 spd? What do i have to change to do this or can i modify the trans i have know to get better performance? It is stock with 88,000 on it. Perhaps a good shift kit! Please help:confused:

·
Registered
864 Posts
Why do you want a 5 speed? For the automatic, get 4.10 gears, a good stall converter and a chip for harder shifting. If that's what you want. I'm going to go this route after I get the PI swap.

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
Stick with the auto and get yourself a nice stall, shift kit and do some of Jerrys' mods and you'll be just fine. It will wake that auto up big time and you'll probably love it. If you go to a T-45 (I just swapped to auto from T-45), you'll have headaches as well (known for easy breakage).

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
1BadAzzGT said:
Stick with the auto and get yourself a nice stall, shift kit and do some of Jerrys' mods and you'll be just fine. It will wake that auto up big time and you'll probably love it. If you go to a T-45 (I just swapped to auto from T-45), you'll have headaches as well (known for easy breakage).

Good luck!
Go for the TKO,..thats what Im doing.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Go for the stick. Find some one who you can swap entire set-ups with so you know you have all / right stuff. Autos are for stodgy old Buicks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts