Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000Gt with auto tranny and would like to change the transmission to a manual one... Now my question is, can i use all the parts from a 2002GT. I can buy from an auto salvage a 2002GT and take what ever is needed to do the swap from that car.
Do you think i will be able to use the drive shaft, tranny, harness, computer and all the other parts needed to do the swap from this 2002 mustang ? All these parts are in good condition... most of the damage are on the front of the car. Even the engine is in good shape.

Iam also interested in changing the computer, that way i wont have to deal with the overdrive light on, and all other issue.

Waiting for you response.
Thanks.

·
Registered
300 Posts
it will work. but if you change the computer, you have to get new keys to work with the PATS of the new computer. The dealership can reprogram you some new keys. You would just have to tow it in there and push the car around.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
they are selling the mustang for 3500.00 Canadian Dollars... I hope i will be able to sell the remaining parts like engine and the back of the car to cover a part of the 3500 Dollars.

Oups, i forgot to say that the cars is from USA, would there be a probleme using its computer even if from USA ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts