Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ive got a 96 GT 4R70W. Its been leaking a tiny amount of transmission fluid the past couple months. Well last night my speedo quits working, my check engine light comes on, and my "O/D off" light starts flashing all at once. I had Autozone pull the code and it was a PO500 Vehicle Speed Sensor malfunction. Well today I replaced the gasket and filter and put new fluid in. I pulled the speedo gear and it had 5 of the 23 teeth left on it. Well Ive got a new one on order so thats taken care of. Well my O/D off light is still flashing and my check engine light is still on. Is that broken speedo gear causing all of this? Or is there something else wrong with my tranny?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I'm not so sure about the check engine light, but if I remember right when my auto chewed up a 23 tooth gear a year or two ago, there was an OD light problem. I think mine might have been either off or on independent of the button.

·
Registered
864 Posts
The 23 tooth gear measures your speed and once that is replaced, it should take care of that code that the computer is pulling. And I assume the OD light will stop flashing.

·
Registered
729 Posts
the gear will fix that until it eats the next one up too. Get the speedcal and put the stock gear back in it and forget about it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when i get money ill get the speedcal until then 20 bucks for the gear sounds like itll work for now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts