Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering the following:

1. What brand did you use?
2. How much increased castor and camber travel do they allow?
3. How much were they?
4. Are your alignment problems now solved?
5. If not, what else did you need to correctly fix them?

I'm quickly killing my brand new tires and I need plates sooner rather than later. :eek: :(

Thanks for any and all replies. :)

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
I have BBK ones... dont get them. Only had them on for like 2k and the bushing at the top came out. Just giving you a heads up. Heard alot of good things about MM stuff.

SVT

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
i have the MAC ones, also, don't get these...have to be realigned every year :(

they did fix my camber problem, and allowed for some more camber, which my car needed

the mac ones are aluminum which the nuts grind into over time, if that makes sense (messes up the look) and they can get knocked out rather easily

i've heard nothing but greatness from the maximum motorsport pieces, which will be the replacements for these. do it once, do it right

·
Registered
865 Posts
I love my MM's, very sturdy pieces.

The top piece can be put on one of two ways depending on the caster or camber (can't remember which is which) anyway, I put mine on in the recommended fashion and could not set the caster or camber as much as I would have liked. The directions state this clearly (their directions are thorough and are available on their web page). I will swap them when I do my ball joints next weekend.

SN95GT50

·
Registered
630 Posts
Save your self the trouble and buy Maximum Motorsports . They use a bearing at the top instead of a bushing. Very high quality. You cant go wrong. I have had them for about a year and a half and have not had a single problem yet.

Later

Steven

·
Registered
336 Posts
I bought MM's C/C plates last year because I was destroying my tires and the alignment could not be performed using the stock plates. I put the plates on, new tires and 17 wheels on. Not a single problem with them since. I hear they are the best. Installation was a breeze too. $200. Perfect fit. They have a set designed for 79-89 models and another for 90-93. Some companies don't do that.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/cc.asp

·
Registered
184 Posts
All right guys-before we run we need to walk.........

Can somebody please direct me to a link or explain what chamber plates do? thanx

·
Registered
233 Posts
newdy22 said:
I bought MM's C/C plates last year because I was destroying my tires and the alignment could not be performed using the stock plates. I put the plates on, new tires and 17 wheels on. Not a single problem with them since. I hear they are the best. Installation was a breeze too. $200. Perfect fit. They have a set designed for 79-89 models and another for 90-93. Some companies don't do that.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/cc.asp

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info, guys....

Has anyone had experience with the Steeda plates? They're on Ebay for waaaay less than the Maximum Motorsports units. Tks!

·
Registered
233 Posts
You get what you pay for ;) Hehe! That's the LAW when it comes to performance parts. ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ooooohhhhh yeah..... learned that lesson a long time ago. That's why I was asking about Steeda specifically in the last post. If they're like BBK or Mac, I'll pass. MM definitely sound like the best so far but they're $199 vs Steeda on Ebay for $100 - $129. That $80 difference turns into almost double that by the time it gets to me here in Canada. Sad but true. :-(

Anyways, they seem like pretty good pieces from reading the website. Then again, they all do, don't they?!? ;-)

So...... Anyone ever used these c/c plates??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts