Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4.6 cams for 99-02 GT???

My cousin and I both have a 2000 GT and 2001 GT respectively. Both our current setup are; 3:73 gears, hooker LT headers, hooker x-pipe (2001 GT), Mac Pro-chamber (2000 GT).

The next mod we want to do is advance the timming. After that, we want to start going into our engines. We don't want to get the underdrive pulleys because in the near future we will be putting a blower. We don't want to get a TB or cold air intake because we heard it's not worth it. Bassically, all the bolt ons are taken care off. Now, that leaves us to start modifying the engine. We are both now starting to look into cams. We remember the old 5.0's with cams sounded amazing and not only that, it also gave lots of performance. And thats what we are looking for in our 4.6 modular motor. PERFORMANCE. I would like to hear from some of you guys who are experienced with 4.6 cams or know anything about them. What is available for our cars and what kind of gains are we looking at??? Who makes them??? Any other usefull information, I would greatly appreciate it.

I posted a thread, 4.6 cams for 99-02 GT???, and a couple of people have mentioned to talk with you. Hope you can help me out.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
viciousGT said:
4.6 cams for 99-02 GT???

My cousin and I both have a 2000 GT and 2001 GT respectively. Both our current setup are; 3:73 gears, hooker LT headers, hooker x-pipe (2001 GT), Mac Pro-chamber (2000 GT).

The next mod we want to do is advance the timming. After that, we want to start going into our engines. We don't want to get the underdrive pulleys because in the near future we will be putting a blower. We don't want to get a TB or cold air intake because we heard it's not worth it. Bassically, all the bolt ons are taken care off. Now, that leaves us to start modifying the engine. We are both now starting to look into cams. We remember the old 5.0's with cams sounded amazing and not only that, it also gave lots of performance. And thats what we are looking for in our 4.6 modular motor. PERFORMANCE. I would like to hear from some of you guys who are experienced with 4.6 cams or know anything about them. What is available for our cars and what kind of gains are we looking at??? Who makes them??? Any other usefull information, I would greatly appreciate it.

I posted a thread, 4.6 cams for 99-02 GT???, and a couple of people have mentioned to talk with you. Hope you can help me out.

Thanks
You might have better (or quicker) results if you PM him.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
IMO if you are going to do cams and you are POSITIVE you are doing a blower. Get some blower cams ground from TheGame and also while its apart pull the heads off and have them ported. Also if you looking for more boltons what about a Ported Bullit Intake? That would be a nice thing to go with a blower. Depends how much $$ you want to spend. PM SD and he will help you alot.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
TheGame said:
ViciousGT.......
Check your PM's. Hope this helps.

Juiced/PhatDoggy...........Thanks guys!
No Problem SD. Any luck with the stuff getting shipped this week? :angel: PM me if you get a chance. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.