Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to be purchasing the deep dish bullitts soon and id like to see some close ups of both the 17s and the 18s on the SN95 if anyone's got em. im also curious about tire sizes for the nittos... if i go with the 17x9 and 17x10.5 combo, should i run the 275 tire up front, and how does the 315 look in the back? the 18s...? thanks guys, if you want pics of my car for reference, i'll post em up, i think the black wheels with the machined lip are gonna look great on a black car, but id love to hear your input.

jake

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
315's look and fit perfect on a 17X10.5 wheel. On an 18X10 a 295 series tire looks great.

Rel3rd sold his car, but I think he still has pics of it up on his website.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Paul is correct, my car is gone, but there's plenty of pics at my WEBSITE link button below...

Anyway, here's a close-up of 17x9's and 17x10.5's with Nitto 315's on the rear, 255/40's on the front...275/40 Nitto's on the front would have been a better match for the 9" wheel IMO...anything smaller is too narrow IMO...FWIW, the NItto 315's were easily an INCH narrower than my old BFG Drag Radials of the same size. Anybody who claims they're "close" or "almost the same width" is BS'ing you...There's no comparison...

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
BTW, here's my new Black car with black POnys and silver lip for an idea of how they go together...I like it myself, and it's low maintainence...

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Do the BFG's buldge then Bob? My 315 nittos fit PERFECT on the 10.5 wheel with no buldge at all. I went with 245's on my 9" wheels up front and they are stretched, but I was afraid of messing up the ABS due to the almost 1" difference in overall height between the 315-35-17 and the 255-40-17 nitto. 275's will rub on my car due to my BS.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Not at all...The 315 Nittos are stretched if anything...Here's a close-up of the BFG 315's on my old 10.5 Bullitts...Absolutely perfect, nicely squared fit...If you look at the rim as compared to the actual tread, they are in the same exact spot width-wise...

BTW, that's a 275/40 on a 17x9 on the front for comparison sake...

FWIW, I didn't get any antilock brake codes at all with 255/40's on the front, but they are too narrow for a 9" wide wheel. When you can see the rim's edge from the rear side of the car...that's too narrow of a tire IMO...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the pics bob; i agree with you on the BFGs, they look perfect. it just kills me when i see a car with a nice set of wheels wrapped in tires that are way too narrow. not only does it inhibit performance, but 9 times out of 10 that wheel is all curbed up. however, i would like to go with the Nitto's for longer wear; do they make a 335 tire? did you have any problems with rubbing using the 275s? thanks to everyone for the input, i'll be sure to post pics when i get them on.

also, does wheel replicas offer a good wheel and tire package, or is there a cheap place to buy nitto tires?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Not the hijack the thread, but anyone using 18's?

I just got a set of 18x8.5 and wanted to know the maximum rubber I can put on. I love the look in the pic above

Thanks guys

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
GT5.0 said:
thanks for the pics bob; i agree with you on the BFGs, they look perfect. however, i would like to go with the Nitto's for longer wear; do they make a 335 tire? did you have any problems with rubbing using the 275s?
r is there a cheap place to buy nitto tires?
The 315 Nitto's weren't "that bad", and I actually went with them for longer wear also. I bought mine from Discount Tire Direct. $175 each when I told them I was a "Corraler";)

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
gravy. thanks bob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts