Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you haven't done so already, please check out the "3-Way Thoroughbred Thrash" article (p 74) in the March 2004 issue of MM&FF...

This past October, I had the opportunity to work with MM&FF and Kit Car Magazine (both Primedia publications) to "introduce" Mustang participation to Kit Car Magazine's "Run & Gun" event at Gateway Raceway in St. Louis.

(FYI - the Run & Gun consists of timed laps on a road course, timed laps on a fast autocross course, and timed drag-strip passes, both head-to-head and a bracket event as well. You score points based on how well you do against other cars/drivers in your class in each event. Points are totaled, placings calculated and trophies passed out.)

We only had six Mustangs and their drivers show up, but let's just say the six that did, did VERY WELL, THANK YOU when compared with the kit cars and their drivers. Needless to say, we got their attention...

Now MM&FF wants to hear from US, the Mustang and Ford enthusiasts, especially those of us who like going around corners very fast! They are VERY serious about holding MORE of these types of events ... possibly JUST for Mustangs and their drivers. But, THEY NEED TO HEAR FROM US !!! Evan Smith wrote the article and invites readers to "let us know what you think."

According to the MM&FF web site, http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com , Mr. Smith's email address is: [email protected] or check the issue of the magazine for another email address for them. But they NEED to hear from us before they pull the trigger on any kind of event.

Here is your chance, gang... a REAL Mustang (and fast Ford!) Triathlon if you will ... three days of fun, speed and competition ... with MM&FF (and their advertisers) with us all the way!

Thank you!

Jeff Lacina
"Track Dawg" :joy:

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Ok, I'll bite. I'll send the guy an email. Won't go to St. Louis for an event but if one were to be run in the DFW area, say at TMS or MSR.............

·
Registered
52 Posts
What!? They're actually going to give equal coverage to road racing/Open Track Mustangs? Less drag racing? Nothing against it, but there is a lot more out there! I may have to renew my subscription.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AMP said:
What!? They're actually going to give equal coverage to road racing/Open Track Mustangs? Less drag racing? Nothing against it, but there is a lot more out there! I may have to renew my subscription.
Don't go overboard on me, AMP... LOL... I don't think they can EVER give road racing / open track Mustangs the attention they've given the straight-line cars!! Probably not "equal", but SOME coverage... :)

But... they ARE interested... and ASKING readers for our input... that's why I made the post. :D

See you on track!

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you can believe it there is an article on the AI series in the March issue of MM&FF on page 175 written by David Vizard who appears to be an AI competitor. 5 pages of coverage with some basics on the class and what appears to be the first of many monthly installments.

Perhaps they will be cover AI/X this year as they have told me they would be.....
93 Cobra R AI #26
OH/IN Chapter

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'll never buy one of the mustang only rags again, they are WAY to drag race focused, and to far behind current events. Autoweek, c&d, and mt had the new stang before MMFF did.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UPDATE / CORRECTION

I talked with Evan Smith today... seems he has a NEW email address (and the web site was just updated today... ggggrrrrrr...)

If you sent an email, PLEASE resend it to one of these addresses;

[email protected]
or
[email protected]

Thanks again for your efforts :cool:

Jeff Lacina
"Track Dawg"

·
Registered
336 Posts
I just sent my email today.

Steve, nice website.

Doug

·
Super Moderator
27,655 Posts
Email sent today.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys...

Thanks to all of you who have taken a few minutes and dropped Evan an email... but, don't hold your breath waiting for a reply... he's been SWAMPED with them... as well as his regular "magazine" work.

If you DO send one... make sure you send it to that "updated / corrected" email address.

Thanks again...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts