Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be paint fiberglass and other little things and then hopefully spray a few cars. What paint gun would be a good one for me to get? what compressor should i get to run the gun?

·
Registered
216 Posts
For small jobs, a Sata mini jet works great. For bigger jobs and full cars, I prefer the Sharpe T1 hvlp for basecoat/clear coat and if you have extra$$$ to blow the T1 CG for clear coat only.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I use a Sata minifet for the small things and touch up. For the big projects I have a Sata NR2000. Great paint gun manufacturers, completely satisfied with both guns. A seperate clear gun is a nice thing to have when doing a big job. Its also nice to have two guns for the basecoat on a multiple color(s) job. The one thing you def need is a seperate gun for spraying primer. Its a reall pain to get the primer gun completely clean, not to mention timely. Almost any bodyman/painter has a seperate gun for primer. A cheapo gun is easy to come across and thats all you need for primer. I found one at my local pawn shop for $30 made by craftsman. (manufactured by Devilbiss) As for the air compressor - I use a 60 gallon dual stage 220volt model manufactured by porter cable. I never run out of air, I can even run two DA sanders simultaneously and not run out of air pressure. Hope that helps a little.

Matt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts