Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my Cobra rockers have all but completely crapped out. Does anyone know who stocks these, prices, and ratios available? Are they pedestal, stud or either? Does anyone have any impressions of them or alternatives they suggest? Thanks,

Billy

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
The original Cobra rockers are Crane die cast pedestal mounts, 1.7 ratio. Crane still makes these but they have other (stronger, better quality control, etc) available. The Ford Motorsport Cobra rockers list for $295 a set, but can be had for much cheaper.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I bought some from Ed for $200.00(stud mount) Pedistal mount is $250.00 I think. I got 1.6 for mine,but 1.7's is available to. Mine are very nice and fit the stock valve covers pretty good. I would suggest these or FFRP's for the money.Hope this helps;)

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, what I'm looking for are the Scorpion or an alternative. I want nothing to do with Crane or FMS, at least not with pedestal mount arms.

Billy

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Billy, I'm 99% sure that they are available in 1.6 and 1.7, and stud and pedestal mount. I "think" they are garanteed for life and stand behind their product. I run FMS units, but my cousin just got a set of 1.6 stud mount scorppions from Ed C. and I can not believe how much beefier they are compared to the ford units. they didn't feel much heavier though, so that's good. If I had to do it over again, I would get scorpions.

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
They are the best of the three sets that I have had and the cheepest. Ed has them for $200 to your door
One other person in town has bought them from Ed also and they have been happy with them.

Tim

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Hey Billy,
The Scorpion rockers a good alternative to the Crane RR and are both cheaper and as durable. I have seen the stud mount for as cheap as 159 but dont recall the pedestal mount price. Also a little food for thought Ed wouldnt sell them if they were junk;) I have only run their stud mount rockers but compared to the others I have run they are just as good and cheaper.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Ditto on Ed, I bought mine from him (7/16 stud) and they are a nice quality piece. Alot nicer looking than the cranes on my last car.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This has me thinking now... I really would like to go to 1.6 ratio stud mounts. I think I'll just limp along on the Cobras for now, and get the right stuff next time. Why didn't I just listen to Ed in the beginning and just buy the good stuff first?????

Ed- next set of rockers (and probably cam) will come in an FTI box...

I think I'll just see how long it takes me to compeltely kill this engine right now.

Billy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts