Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im currently in the process of changing my front end combo. Im going to be using D&D Kmember & Lakewood 90/10s. Here is my question, The Lakewood Struts come with sleeves that are about 3/8 inch thick, where do they go ? Do they go underneath the strut before the caster/camber plate or ontop the caster camber plate ? It seems like they would have to go on the underside because the cap ontop the spring hits the strut tower without spacer.

Thanks
John

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
John, not entirely sure what sleeve you are referring to. If its the strut's dust sleeve, I discarded mine.

What C/C plates are you attempting to use with the D&D kit?

Shoot me a PM, or call me, maybe I can help out further...

joe

·
Registered
368 Posts
I know the sleve you are talking about. Best I can remember it goes under the C/C plate to allow you enough thread to tighten up the strut without bottoming out. Don't forget to knock that collar off the 90/10's or the coil over sleve will not sliip down over it. Hope this helps.

Chad

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Joe thanks I wont be working on it until Monday now but I will call you. Please shoot me a email with number and time you can be reached. [email protected]

Chad thanks thats the thingy Im speaking of, I did grind the collar off which pissed me off, my 70/30s didnt have the collar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts