Ford Mustang Forums banner

would you be interested in the service mentioned?

• yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i would just appreciate a brief reply to these questions from everyone. thanks.

question 1: if a dyno tune isn't affordable or readily available to you, would you be interested in a datalog of certain engine parameters(load,maf signal,timing etc.) from your run from a dragstrip that could be used to help a custom chip tuner (diablo, JMS, SHM etc)make a better chip for your vehicle?

question 2:how much would you pay for this service?(write in answer)

·
Registered
998 Posts
Without putting a whole lot of thought behind it, I'd say it's an interesting idea at the very least. It would have to be priced so that the price of the "service" plus the price of the mail order chip is less than a typical dyno tune and chip.

That being said, if I was going to spend the money on an engine/poweradder that requires a tune/chip, I'd spend the extra $$$ to do it right on a dyno. Then again, I live in Michigan, so there's dynos on every corner.

I'm sure you'll get lots of more thoughtfull/helpful answers, but I thought I'd get the ball rolling.

:D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TTT thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TTT over 50 views and only 3 people have done the poll come on people. please? :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 'MO TIME

·
Registered
921 Posts
crownvic96 said:
i would just appreciate a brief reply to these questions from everyone. thanks.

question 1: if a dyno tune isn't affordable or readily available to you, would you be interested in a datalog of certain engine parameters(load,maf signal,timing etc.) from your run from a dragstrip that could be used to help a custom chip tuner (diablo, JMS, SHM etc)make a better chip for your vehicle?

How about the a/f ratio, without that, the tuner will not be able to make proper adjustments.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
using the above listed paramters a chip tuner can compare how your car is doing in relation to other cars and should be able to adjust fuel accordingly. your just not gonna get an accurate WOT a/f ratio without a wide band sensor and those cost $$$$$$$$$$$$. this isn't going to be a replacement for a dynotune but more of a low cost alternative. thats why i'm trying to get some feedback on this.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
You can do all that with any basic OBDII scanner or an Autotap and OBDII for the laptop, all of them datalog for the most part, so whats the big deal? Also, unless you have a REALLY GOOD datalogger, your resolution is gonna be pretty crappy to do an actual TUNE with.

James

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its not a big deal. but not everyone's gonna plop down money for a laptop and the software. pay a small fee and have it done for you or spend 30x more and do it yourself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts