Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am new in the American Muscle crowd, here I am a asian guy with a Cobra when all I used to drive was Jap cars, well anyways, I was wondering how much would I put down at the wheels with this setup for my 01 Cobra?

Dr Gas O/R X pipe
Timing Adjuster
Pulleys
Anderson Powerpipe
BBK Long Tubes
MAF
Chip/Rom Tuning

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would say 300rwhp+, and over 300rwtq. Could be a tad more. The key is getting a custom burn on the chip. One thing though, the TA could be overkill with a custom chip. I didn't have any experience with them with my Cobra. For now I am into these:

Dave:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice ride, I'm thinking more than that because our cars dyno 275 at the wheels stock. God I love that red!!! I wanna jack off now!!!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Gross.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Hey hey! Welcome to the crowd! :)

You should be definitely "at" or surpassing 300 RWHP. The longtube headers will probably give you the biggest, most solid gain of any of the parts you've listed.

Need to get some better gears up under that thang - at least 3.73 or 3.90. The seat of your pants will thank you. :)

Your list of parts mirrors what I want to do with mine very closely. Buddy-list me and let's correspond more as our cars progress.

Todd

·
Registered
31 Posts
Whats Gross the color, or the fact he has to J/O?? :D
Dave..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sure Lo Pony, I wanna be the fasted IRS using Cobra out there someday!! :joy:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey lo, uh I thought I should be puttting more to the wheels than just 300, that seems a little on the weak side, now what kind of trap speed should I be running if I did suspension work and put in 4.30 gears?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts