Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey....let me describe whats going on cause I'm starting to get pissed....Ok....had the S/C'er installed and had the SVO EEC in and went to turn it over and it definately cranked or tried to turn over but it seemed to not be getting any fuel...then installed the stock EEC and it turned right over.....NOW....since it definately was trying to turn over doesn't that lead you to believe that it isn't an issue of the PAT's (cause I would think it wouldn't even let me get that far if it was the case of the theft system) but rather that it wasn't getting any fuel....aka....(fuel pump wasn't turned on on the SVO EEC) or am I just being stupid?....by the way....I saw the other replies you guys left which also backs up my point since I have a 97GT!!!...Thanks for your help, Mike

·
Registered
509 Posts
Definitely sounds like a problem with the SVO EEC. You double checked your connection on the SVO EEC when it was in the car right??? As long as it was hooked up properly then it should've fired up no problem.

Kevin

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TTT

·
Registered
906 Posts
yeah, sounds like the svo eec. But I don't think Roush can really fix that. You may have to send it to FRPP of something. Or Roush will send it away for you, that may be safer.

By the way, I was expecting problems with all these Roush units being sold lately. Now they are sold out. My buddy at Roush said that the last several kits where missing a lot of parts when they opened the boxes up. The last kit left only had the freaking intake in it! I knew someone, somewhere was going to have a problem. I am sorry to hear it was you, but we have all been there....sux man!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
98Roush said:
yeah, sounds like the svo eec. But I don't think Roush can really fix that. You may have to send it to FRPP of something. Or Roush will send it away for you, that may be safer.

By the way, I was expecting problems with all these Roush units being sold lately. Now they are sold out. My buddy at Roush said that the last several kits where missing a lot of parts when they opened the boxes up. The last kit left only had the freaking intake in it! I knew someone, somewhere was going to have a problem. I am sorry to hear it was you, but we have all been there....sux man!
Ohhhhh just wait until I whip up a nice little letter to some dept. head or exec. dept...then I'll get a little compensation...well at least for my trouble of having things shipped around!!!!....yes you could say I'm a little pissed off right now....where the hell is the quality control????????

·
Registered
906 Posts
dude, I didn't say they sold those kits. The definitely DID NOT sell those kits. Actually, Roush is the most honest afermarket company I have dealt with. Didn't they give you $100 bucks off for not having the water plug? If not, they atleast warned you about it. Don't use any of that info for your letter.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hmm, when you put the 1998 SVO EEC into a car without resetting the PATS it does just like you describe. It does not apply fuel to the motor and the car will just crank and crank all day long. Could you have gotten a 1998 EEC by mistake? Will a 1998 EEC even work with a 1997 wiring harness? You seem to have narrowed your problem down to the SVO EEC. I'm sure Roush will give you a replacment; shoot, they are the ones who probably programmed the thing.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GarrettW said:
Hmm, when you put the 1998 SVO EEC into a car without resetting the PATS it does just like you describe. It does not apply fuel to the motor and the car will just crank and crank all day long. Could you have gotten a 1998 EEC by mistake? Will a 1998 EEC even work with a 1997 wiring harness? You seem to have narrowed your problem down to the SVO EEC. I'm sure Roush will give you a replacment; shoot, they are the ones who probably programmed the thing.
Ohhhh....I know they will give me a replacement...theres no doubting that after speaking to them....my concern is the quaility control of sending a SVO EEC unit that is incorrect and the part of putting me way out of my way to fix this problem since my car is a daily driver...it shouldn't have been a problem to begin with...anyways....I think this is partly Ford's fault also.....by the way....Thanks for all your help guys!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
98Roush said:
dude, I didn't say they sold those kits. The definitely DID NOT sell those kits. Actually, Roush is the most honest afermarket company I have dealt with. Didn't they give you $100 bucks off for not having the water plug? If not, they atleast warned you about it. Don't use any of that info for your letter.

You are correct.....thanks for reminding me....but someone (most likely Ford) will be making some type of compensation...Roush has been extremely helpful and seem just as concerned as I am about the problem....they always want to be updated about my progress and really seemed involved in the whole situation

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
i know this thread is old as shlt but, my car just cranks and cranks after i removed a chip from the pcm. when i put the key in the "on" position, the theft light flashes really fast.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.