Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just recently got a Art Carr lock-up Torque Converter installed in my 2002 GT and I decided to take it to the track and see how much it would help. My original best was [email protected] and the times i got with my torque converter was [email protected] My car kinda acted weird at WOT in 2nd and 3rd gear. With the new converter it seemes to pull hard hesistate at around 4500 for a second and then continue to pull. It did this in 2nd and third gear and I think this is why my times were so bad, because It never did this when I had my stock converter. I think the computer's lock-up scheduling might me messed up. I am sure some of you guys with aftermarket torque converters have run into some kind of problems. How would I go about fixing this problem.

Brandon

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
My car did the same thing after I installed my converter. It locked at the top of second and then unlocked again right before shifting into 3rd. It didn't hurt my times any because I went from a 13.39 before to a 13.09 after the converter. This was with the stock gears and stock computer(no chip).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts