Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At what ET do you need an SFI bellhousing like the Lakewood unit?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Even though it is required @ 11.99/11.49, it's not a bad idea even for slower cars. I have not personally seen, but have heard about 12-13 second cars having clutch failures which is an ugly and EXTREMELY dangerous thing to happen. Do your feet and legs a favor and get one now

I have had one on my car even when I was running mid 12's

Just a thought

Brian

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool, thanks guys...thebrain, is that a NO2 purge?....if so, thats the most creative on i've seen. Good stuff.

·
Registered
432 Posts
ackstang said:
thebrain, is that a NO2 purge?
Yes it is.
Here is the thread showing more pictures on my car and the purge
EDIT: It would help if I put the link :rolleyes:
More pictures

Brian

·
Registered
5 Posts
Back in my high school days ('60s) one of my racer buddies disintegrated his flywheel in a street race ('57 chevy, 327, 375 HP) and almost lost his right foot...I remember how long he spent on crutches...that's why we put a Lakewood on our street/strip 'stang...like they say, --it happens

·
Registered
17,637 Posts
I have also seen improperly installed flywheels/clutch assemblys CUT THE FLOOR In TWO.....!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Gentlemen,

What flywhell, Clutch and SFI Bell does anyone suggest on a 440rwhp GT with a Tremec 5-speed?

Not even sure which Tremec to use...a TKO or 3550?

Car is an '88.

Thanks,

Vito

·
Registered
892 Posts
Tremec Tranny

Vito,
You probably could go with either tranny, but the TKO is added insurance. I went with a TKO(they shipped me a TKO II in error and I kept it), A McLeod Blowproof and Spec III clutch and Alum flywheel.) It's a nice set up and is still steetable. Also, there are some new versions coming out of the TKO, so you may wan't to check those out on the Tremec website.

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
I agree with Subtle, that is a good combo, the new Tremec 600 with spec stage 3- 6puck carbon, with either an aluminum or steel billet SFI flywheel, Mcleod SFI bell work as a great combo that will take unreal amounts of power.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts