Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the situation: I have a more than decent drivetrain,ie. built motor and Tremec 3550. Well my wonderful Stang was taken from me by an idiot driver running a stop sign. Well, I am looking for a new one now to basically swap everything into. I have found a few nice ones, but they are automatics. So basically I would like to know how big of a job it would be to convert an auto to a stick, and what exactly is involved in the process. Any help and comments is appreciated.

·
Please call me Mike
1,591 Posts
i am in the middle of the swap. it is kinda messy. however the inside work is the worst (the pedals and removing the shifter). if you have both cars and you pull the motor out of one i think it will be a lot easier. take your time and do it right. there is nothing like a v8 with a stick

·
Registered
238 Posts
I agree, the pedal swap is the worst. You may have to cut out a little bit of the floor for the shifter to clear. For the cross member you'll have to grind of the spot welds on the ends so that you can move it to the center for the tranny mount to bolt up. The rest is pretty easy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts