Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys -
I'm finally to the point of finishing up my 306 (short block was built from Fox Lake). I was about to put my oil pick-up tube on last night when I saw a large dent in it, so lucky me gets to return it tomorrow (buys a few days to come up with parts listed below).

I ran into a few problems. I'm building this engine from "scratch", so to say, with no donor engine. When attempting to put in the cam, I realized that the cam thrust plate only had one bolt. Does anyone know where to get a new plate and bolts? I also don't have the oil filter adapter that bolts to the block (that the oil filter screws into).

Are there any other parts that I may need that are commonly overlooked when accumulating parts for an engine build-up? I got a complete bolt kit from Summit, balancer bolt and cam bolt.

I'm hoping I have everything I need but i'm sure there are a few more misc. parts that I'm overlooking.

I'm planning on ordering some parts today, so, as mentioned above, if anyone knows where I could get a cam thrust plate and oil filter adapter, that'd be a great help. Also, if any parts i may be overlooking.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I get a new cam thrust plate and bolts at my local ford dealer. Should be able to get the oil filter adapter from them too....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.