Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry the motor is kinda dirty I just got in from college and it is raining here.

marcus









 

·
Registered
Joined
·
329 Posts
yeah why:confused:
?Is ther any benefit other than the obvious cosmetic?
It does a good job of replacing the crappy plastic tube though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
491 Posts
Heh, Ill do it just to replace that damn tube. I have had that sneek out on me more then once, really screws up the idle. What all did you have to do, and how did you seal the hole on the intake tube? Thanks.
Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
387 Posts
Black1998GT said:
yeah what's its purpose? :confused:
On a near stock car it looks cool.

On more powerful cars that pull a lot of vacuum through the intake, sometimes you pull oil out of the head and into the intake.

A breather will allow for ventilation but won't allow oil into the intake tract.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,434 Posts
Guys, I put one on my car and it has stalled on me twice, once while I was decelerating on a off ramp from 130+MPH:eek: My skinny little leg had to work to stop the car, good thing for the new brakes. I am not convinced that this is the cause but I am going to monitor it. I have heard of others having this issue also. It does look much nicer though! Later Ron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
303 Posts
Thanks Marcus...

... wonder how that would work on my '97 DOHC motor...???:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
96GTCONV- like i said, i just got in from college and it is nasty here in dallas. i plan to make the engine clean when the rain leaves.

the reason i put the filter on was because i was gettin a descent amount of oil being sucked into my intake tube and on into my TB and intake manifold. i put this filter on and problem solved. so far i have had ZERO problems with stalling or rough idle, actually help some of the surging i was getting with the cams.

i have seen this done on a cobra so it should work on those too.

marcus
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
96GTCONV- WHOOP! GIG EM to a fellow Aggie. i'm class of '02 but i won't finish till next year (i'm on the five year plan :D ). honestly though, if you saw the motor in person you'd probably :barf:

thanks and gig em!

marcus FTAC '02
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
663 Posts
I did both passenger and driver's side on my car, but I'm getting oil coming through the filter on to the valve covers. Might be a timing issue or bad ring, I'm not yet sure. Looks cool though and like Marcus said, there no more oil going into the intake.
 

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
Joined
·
2,829 Posts
I make a replacement tube if your going to cosmetic reasons. I can get some pictures up if anyone is interested. It is made out of 3/8 Gibson stainless steel and bent on a CNC bender. $13.95 shipped to your door and that is 2nd day air also.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,434 Posts
99 SVT COBRA said:
I make a replacement tube if your going to cosmetic reasons. I can get some pictures up if anyone is interested. It is made out of 3/8 Gibson stainless steel and bent on a CNC bender. $13.95 shipped to your door and that is 2nd day air also.
I'm interested so post some pics please:) Thanks Ron
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,173 Posts
Marcus... How much was the K&N breather cap, and where did you get it??? Also, what kind of modification did you have to make to the oil filler neck??? Thanks!!! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,335 Posts
96_Stang_99 said:
Marcus... How much was the K&N breather cap, and where did you get it??? Also, what kind of modification did you have to make to the oil filler neck??? Thanks!!! :D
I just bought a normal $3 breather and it works just fine. Oh Brandon I STILL havnt had to mod the oil filler neck ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,173 Posts
vrtical said:
I just bought a normal $3 breather and it works just fine. Oh Brandon I STILL havnt had to mod the oil filler neck ;)
Cool deal. Thanks Doug! Yeah, yeah, yeah, I hear ya!!! Since I have '96 GT valve covers, does that mean I'm special???!!! :D

BTW... Doug, you might wanna check your sig. Is that GreatlakesdragAway.com , or Greatlakesdragway.com??? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,335 Posts
96_Stang_99 said:
Cool deal. Thanks Doug! Yeah, yeah, yeah, I hear ya!!! Since I have '96 GT valve covers, does that mean I'm special???!!! :D

BTW... Doug, you might wanna check your sig. Is that GreatlakesdragAway.com , or Greatlakesdragway.com??? :D
Click on it and see what happends :eek: just messing with you....
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top