Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the 302 uses 7/16"

What is the part number for the studs you have and are they new?
bought them from a guy on here...they look brand new but im gonna tell ya there used...

dont know the part number, but where it goes into the block is coarse and fine where the nut goes on. Cant really tell you more until i post pics.

·
Registered
828 Posts
fmaster7- just an FYI in case- but if your using heads with 1/2 holes on a 302, then your going to need the stepped ones with the washer that go from 7/16 for the block to 1/2 for the heads.

I just wanted to throw that out their before you trade for just 7/16 studs. If your heads are 7/16, then trading the 1/2 studs for the 7/16 studs will work. Also the 1/2 are more sought used, so if you trade I would suggest having the trader cover shipping for both in return for trading.

·
Registered
296 Posts
fmaster7- just an FYI in case- but if your using heads with 1/2 holes on a 302, then your going to need the stepped ones with the washer that go from 7/16 for the block to 1/2 for the heads.

I just wanted to throw that out their before you trade for just 7/16 studs. If your heads are 7/16, then trading the 1/2 studs for the 7/16 studs will work. Also the 1/2 are more sought used, so if you trade I would suggest having the trader cover shipping for both in return for trading.
HMMM,:rolleyes: Look at this dude.
I used these studs on a 347 with afr 185s that have 1/2 inch holes.You use the washers or reducers, what ever you call them, that are made for having 7/16 studs with 1/2 inch holes.:salute:

·
Registered
828 Posts
HMMM,:rolleyes: Look at this dude.
I used these studs on a 347 with afr 185s that have 1/2 inch holes.You use the washers or reducers, what ever you call them, that are made for having 7/16 studs with 1/2 inch holes.:salute:
jeromes347- not sure how to take that comment :confused:. I was not trying to hurt your possible trade, but I wanted the OP to look over what he has vs. doing a deal and still not be what he needs. If the kit does not include the stepped T-washer insert, then the OP is going to have to buy them. New 1/2 studs are $130 to $140, and new 7/16 studs with the stepped T-washer inserts are about $110 to $115. So why should the OP trade for an item that he is going to have to go back and spend another $20-$30 for special inserts. All I was doing was making the OP aware about another possible difference.

I see your new to corral, but this is a community of mustang faithful and we look out for fellow hobbist. If that offends you, maybe you need to visit another board. Dont get your panties in a wad. Back at you :salute: :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
296 Posts
jeromes347- not sure how to take that comment :confused:. I was not trying to hurt your possible trade, but I wanted the OP to look over what he has vs. doing a deal and still not be what he needs. If the kit does not include the stepped T-washer insert, then the OP is going to have to buy them. New 1/2 studs are $130 to $140, and new 7/16 studs with the stepped T-washer inserts are about $110 to $115. So why should the OP trade for an item that he is going to have to go back and spend another $20-$30 for special inserts. All I was doing was making the OP aware about another possible difference.

I see your new to corral, but this is a community of mustang faithful and we look out for fellow hobbist. If that offends you, maybe you need to visit another board. Dont get your panties in a wad. Back at you :salute: :rolleyes:.
:rofl::rofl::rofl: TAKE IT EASY! The OP and I already traded! So it doesn't matter, but where I got my studs from was a $7 difference in price, with out the washers. So your OPINION, nobody asked for it and it was wrong . O and going by your join date, I was a member before you (just under another name) and that means NOTHING!:rofl::rofl::rofl: I know somebody had to tell you about sticking your nose in ....................! I know, I know, you were just trying to help the OP. This thread is dead. peace!

·
Registered
828 Posts
I was originally a member back in 1998 or 1999, but after college no mustang so I was not on often and original user name of sorcrazy I was not able to log in and I believe was deleted. You need to read as well, as I was not taking about the difference in insert washer, I was talking about the difference in 1/2 in vs 7/16 studs. If you get the 7/16 studs, most kit already include the washer insert. Then I mentioned if he traded and was going to need those washer he would have to shell out additional money. I noted the $20-$30 as the only ones listed were the AFR spacer/inserts and not ARP. I hope you go to put on the head studs and they snap for being a total dick that you are. I also see something in the pic and will wait to see what your response is after the trade is done that has me wondering. Enjoy douche bag- members like you I could give two sh*ts if you get scammed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts